Odd Dreams about Dave & the band

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Odd Dreams about Dave & the band

Post by Monolith Maniac »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Apparently the deification process takes time. Perhaps Monolith Maniac (Jim), who always seems to know the rules for everything, can help me out here.
Well, I'd like to help, but I think you're on your own with this one (cause unfortunately, I don't know... yet). Maybe you can find out in one of your dreams, and when you find out, you can let me know the rules. ;)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Twiddly Dee wrote:Yeah but see, thats what this sight is for! I bet whatever your dream was about some of us fans will totally get it! We are here for you support! ...
OK then, but I have to warn you...

So I dreamed of Soul Asylum releasing a new video for a new song (this was before Let's All Kill Each Other was released). I was ecstatic, of course.

To my horror, they made this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0RFQeioNJQ

I can remember Dan is the one singing the first verse, Michael Bland for the second one, Dave was doing the rap (and he's also the one with the blonde hair), and Tommy is the one with spiky hair. And yes, they did the synchronized dance thingy.
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

lune ellise wrote:
Twiddly Dee wrote:Yeah but see, thats what this sight is for! I bet whatever your dream was about some of us fans will totally get it! We are here for you support! ...
OK then, but I have to warn you...

So I dreamed of Soul Asylum releasing a new video for a new song (this was before Let's All Kill Each Other was released). I was ecstatic, of course.

To my horror, they made this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0RFQeioNJQ

I can remember Dan is the one singing the first verse, Michael Bland for the second one, Dave was doing the rap (and he's also the one with the blonde hair), and Tommy is the one with spiky hair. And yes, they did the synchronized dance thingy.

Thank goodness when you woke up you realized it was just a bad bad nightmare. But now don't you feel better getting that off your chest! I feel your pain...I just don't do boy bands..No matter how hot some of them may look, I just can't stand their singing and sychronized dancing.

The only Soul Asylum would be about to pull off the synchronized dancing to work for me is if they are all swinging their hips to bittersweetheart! Now that would be a sight to see!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ok i'm pretty surprised that i had a vivid SA related dream last night but on the other hand i was on this site right before going to sleep so what do i expect (plus sleeping in a hotel you are more likely to not sleep as well and actually remember your dreams)

so i dreamt that i was posting on here about stuff and that Dan was posting replying to it and then Dan called me. i''m remembering less of the dream now that its' a day old but i also ended up meeting up with dan in real life in the dream. then it turned confusing and nonsensical: dan had a tire that he was trying to recycle (?? ?) and apparantly we were in 'my' town (although it looked nothing like any town i've lived in) so i was helping him find where to bring the tire to. that's all my random brain remembers.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Last night I had a dream where my mom worked for some record company or something, and she had a meeting with Tommy Stinson so I got to meet him too. He didn't say much though. He was like, "yeah, hi" and then I asked him a question about The Replacements and he just said, "I don't know," and then I told him that he shouldn't go on tour with Guns and Roses next year so he can be free to play with Soul Asylum and he was like, "um, no." I think Dave was somewhere in there too, but I don't remember anything he said or what he was doing. I have lots of dreams with Dave and Dan in them but I never remember what happens, just that they were there.

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

Maybe he wan't saying "I don't know", but singing the song "I Don't Know" since you were asking about the Replacements...haha

LyndaleExile
Marionette

Post by LyndaleExile »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:I had a dream once where Dave, Dan, Karl, my mom, one or two of my friends, and I were all CTU agents on 24. My guess is that it was after I was watching 24.

I've had a few dreams where I'm going to a SA show and/or dragging my family members to a show, only to wake up right when the concert starts. :(
You have the craziest dreams. :P

About one in every three dreams I have will have someone from the MPLS music scene in them. I don't dream often (that I remember, at least) so this amounts to maybe 4 times a year at best.

The strangest one that I can remember involved me wedding attire, a roadtripping/concert going friend, a park and fountain that I think I saw in a picture of Paris once, Dave, Dan and Karl. What was going on? No idea. Why Paris? No idea, I've never been there. It was a few years ago. We walked around the fountain and were discussing something.

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

I just had a strange dream last night about Dave. I'm outside a warehouse looking for an old pair of boots. A woman, I'm guessing she was the caretaker, tells me that I can find that pair sitting by an old wooden wheel.

I walk in to look for them, only to run into Dave. He says hi and something to the effect of he was in the vicinity with a friend who told him about this place, and so they decided to check it out. His friend was in another corner of the warehouse. We stand there talking for a good half an hour, about what, I don't even remember. I just remember thinking, wow, never had a conversation with Dave that went on this long! :-P

Then I tell him goodbye as he heads out, and I go back to searching for my boots. Sure enough, they are sitting by the wooden wheel, which kind of resembles the wheel a ship captain turns which in turn, reminds me of that pirate joke. Go figure! :P

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

The other night I had a dream where Dave and Jim were at my house for some reason. I showed Dave my wall plastered with SA pictures and he said that I had more pictures of him than his mom does. :lol:

GraveDancer
Runaway

Post by GraveDancer »

I just woke up from the most batty dream ever. I was at Dan Murphys house watching him and dave and drummer Nate Morton jamming. (Nate is an insane studio / sessions drummer)

They had just finished "practicing" when I boldly asked if I could jump on drums and just play 1 song with the guys - Nate said sure. Pirner & Murphy were not thrilled..but agreed..saying "1 song - 5 minutes" -
I began to adjust the high-hat and was shaking so bad that I kept dropping cymbals and wingnut that adjusts the high-hat. While Im trying to set up, Dan brings up the fact that you should "never take a chick to see a band you really like" - because when you break up, you will always associate that band with that chick..and end up hating the band.

Dave is starting to get really annoyed (as always in my dreams)
I look at the clock and notice Ive been working on the drums for 3 hours.
Dan has gone out back to begin chopping down these huge trees made of pot. The pot was rolled in artificial turff and then stuffed into sharks...
I finally got the drums set up just right and asked Dave if I could video tape it...he said "sure..lets just get this over with" -

Dan is back on guitar and starts playing puff the magic dragon. Dave wants to play "down on up to me" and I keep saying lets play some Pfunk or "just like anyone" -

I remember counting off with the sticks and then waking up before a single note was played...

kooky eh? Insanity has set in.