Odd Dreams about Dave & the band

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
crawl
Social Butterfly

Re: Odd Dreams about Dave & the band

Post by crawl »

Wow... guess sometime it is great to wake up and smell the coffee! Although it is interesting reading. I think my best dream was that they were playing in my back yard for a party!!!

Had one other dream where I got to talk to them and just kept staying stuff like " great show", "good one", "I really love your music!".... wonder if they ever heard that before duh!

mad_soul
Inmate

Post by mad_soul »

jajaja… I use to dream a lot with the guys… I always dream long and complicated dreams, mixed with real life (they are so strange that I don’t know how to write them with sense). But last night it was really simple:
I was in the backseat of a car between Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi, and I was telling them that Dave Pirner had said “the guys from Bon Jovi are really cool, they are great persons” (Dave really told me that, in Perú… but I couldn’t decode if it was a joke or a real opinion, jajaja)… Richie and Jon looked me incredulous “Did he really say that??” :?: … oops…. Then I look to the copilot seat and there is Dave giving me this look :? and I feel so bad!!!! Didn’t want to make any trouble so I woke up! jajaaja

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Had an interesting dream a few nights back about Dave. We were sitting in some comfy chairs by a window, the sun (maid) shining down on us, and especially Dave. I had in hand a notebook and pen, and he was strumming his acoustic guitar. He played something that I'd never heard before, not even in a dream. I was humming along and we were both trying to come up with lyrics for that music. Couldn't even tell you now what those lyrics were...they slipped into my subconscious before I woke up. :?

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed that I got hold of a very rare early recording of Aerosmith's song I Don't Want To Miss A Thing (which you might remember from the soundtrack to Armageddon). The funny thing about this recording was that the band had originally "outsourced" the vocals to another singer: Dave Pirner. Needless to say, his version was awesome.

Unfortunately, in the end Steven Tyler couldn't bear letting go of his song, so he ordered that they scrap Dave's version. (Maybe Steven was jealous? ;))
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com