The Jayhawks Family Tree - with mention of SA

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

The Jayhawks Family Tree - with mention of SA

Post by philipgar »

Just a heads up, the startrib featured a jayhawks family tree, simliar to the smog story one a few years ago, but a lot less detailed, obviously SA is involved, figured some of you would like to see it:

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2 ... wks_fa.php

Phil

zany
Social Butterfly

Re: The Jayhawks Family Tree - with mention of SA

Post by zany »

very interesting thanks for posting. dumb q - does that line between michael and paul w. mean that michael played with him for his solo stuff?
-n
and dumb question - does 'national act' just mean 'not local?' because it doesn't seem like all those are necessarily 'bigger' than the ones labeled local... does that make sense?

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

Phil...was there something else from the Strib site you were going to post; the link is from the citypages? no worries...
zany
paul w. mean that michael played with him for his solo stuff?
yes; Michael has toured or played with Paul. Did he play or tour on Come feel me tremble?? Folker??? Phil maybe able to help with those specifics.
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Sometime to Return wrote:Phil...was there something else from the Strib site you were going to post; the link is from the citypages? no worries...
zany
paul w. mean that michael played with him for his solo stuff?
yes; Michael has toured or played with Paul. Did he play or tour on Come feel me tremble?? Folker??? Phil maybe able to help with those specifics.
I meant to say city pages, I blame the wine I drank last night... and I did see Mike baking up paul with his only friends band.

I think that was 05 when I saw them, I kinda lucked out on that show, and john (mutxb) had two tickets for it, and messaged me a few days before hand seeing if i wanted to buy one (funnily enough it was just after I had looked up online and saw that the show was sold out so i figured I would't head to philly for it). I remember that show well.. Over half of Tim was played there, I remember here comes a regular the most.. seems like everone was just singing along and loving every second of it... what a great night!

Phil