Runaway Train (Rayzr Bootleg)

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Runaway Train (Rayzr Bootleg)

Post by LittleTooClean »

This is interesting :roll:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUJ1I7UVK30[/youtube]

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Runaway Train (Rayzr Bootleg)

Post by AlyssaJones »

That's nothing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0zHYwGf ... re=related[/youtube]

(Lyrics start at 1:30)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I wonder...if this dance mix of RT was played at that club in Taiwan where there's footage of Dave dancing, would he dance to this dance mix version of his song?

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:I wonder...if this dance mix of RT was played at that club in Taiwan where there's footage of Dave dancing, would he dance to this dance mix version of his song?
when i listened to the first video, I totally imagined dave getting down to it. The second one was a bit different, as it really only vaguely resembled the song. But with the first, I could see dave having more fun with it than the real version of the song.

phil

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Thanks you guys. I'm drinking my Saturday morning coffee while visions of shiny disco balls dance in my head. :lol:

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

philipgar wrote:
mystic_spiral_3 wrote:I wonder...if this dance mix of RT was played at that club in Taiwan where there's footage of Dave dancing, would he dance to this dance mix version of his song?
when i listened to the first video, I totally imagined dave getting down to it. The second one was a bit different, as it really only vaguely resembled the song. But with the first, I could see dave having more fun with it than the real version of the song.

phil
I agree with Phil on this. Dave would totally get into dancing to the first one. Since they pretty much just cranked up the tempo on the original song, & only subbed in instruments for the vocals during a section of the song (possibly because they didn't react well to the speed change?), I wonder if he'll let them get away with the copyright infringement? The 2nd one might be danceable if you can stand listening to it, but I didn't enjoy it at all and canceled out of that one & listened to the first one again. I hope the 2nd one gets shut down, because those nasty vocals are an insult to a great song and singer.

I wonder if any more Soul Asylum songs would respond well to increasing their tempo to "dancify" them?

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

No clue if it was played, but in the video of Dave dancing, he was dancing to something the band was playing (Dave dancing is in the 2nd video in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1093&p=10986&hilit=taiwan#p10986

I would think, however, that if they had live music that night, they probably weren't spinning dance tracks via DJ? Unless as warm-up before the band took the stage?
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner