Tommy - New Jersey May 28 ??

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Ba11
Marionette

Tommy - New Jersey May 28 ??

Post by Ba11 »

Hi,

Does anybody know if Tommy will be with S.A. in New Jersey May 28 ?

I saw him in Boston back in February (a solo show)... It was great !!!

Tommy's manager had to pull some strings to get me in the club because it was a 21+ show and Im 15...

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Tommy - New Jersey May 28 ??

Post by AlyssaJones »

If I had to put a wager on it I'd say so. It doesn't look like he has any other musical commitments that day.

Here's the latest email he sent out to his mailing list, if you're not on it:
Hello my peoples,

I know it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to put enough brain cells together to write a blog, but today I was able to round up just enough. So here goes…

This past weekend my good friend Sean Beavan finished mixing the last two songs for my new solo album. With some hard work and a little luck it will be released in August. We’ll be announcing more info, including album title and release date, very soon. I have also booked 3 shows in the Midwest next month:

Thursday, May 19 – Milwaukee, WI @ Club Garibaldi’s

Friday, May 20 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue

Saturday, May 21 – Chicago, IL @ Double Door

Click on the venues for more info, including support band info and links to buy tickets. More shows will follow to coincide with the record release, so stay tuned.

I’m excited to preview some of the new material at these shows, as well as to just get out and play my own stuff, from Bash & Pop to Perfect to “Village Gorilla Head.”

I’ll be playing these shows with a full rock band which will feature Mike Gent from The Figgs, Tim Schweiger, Jon Phillip from Limbeck, and with a little luck Emily Roberts will be joining us. There will also be some special merch at these shows - new t-shirts and silkscreened posters. I can't speak of any surprises because then they wouldn't be surprises anymore, except to say that there may be a few good ones in store. HAHAHA -- how ya like them apples?

I’ll also be helping to finish the new Soul Asylum record and playing some shows with them over the next few months, including dates in Chile and Peru. And if that’s not enough for all of the good folks down in South America, I am pleased to say I’ll be at Rock In Rio with GnR in October. Yippee for me!!!!!!!

It’s gonna be another busy year for me. Looking forward to seeing all of your faces out there.

Happy Spring,
t

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Ba11 wrote:Hi,

Does anybody know if Tommy will be with S.A. in New Jersey May 28 ?
Tommy is currently scheduled to be performing at the next 11 upcoming shows.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Ba11
Marionette

Post by Ba11 »

Yup... Tommy told me he would be there.....

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Told ya. Have fun at the show :)