Ryan Adams on Soul Asylum

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
edabbiati
Stranger

Ryan Adams on Soul Asylum

Post by edabbiati »

Opened up FB and this caught my eye and made me smile!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/ryanadams

RYAN ADAMS:

I dream about a day when bands like this return from the shadows and knock that silly grin off our faces... to all the great, lost american rocknroll bands of my past- may you ride the sunset forever on that netherworld train- every night I burn down my record player with your tunes, in your honor.

(and below a live performance video of Sometimes to Return!)

foureyedsometimes
Runaway

Re: Ryan Adams on Soul Asylum

Post by foureyedsometimes »

I saw that, hopefully it will raise the SA profile on FB, and elsewhere
Can't put a square peg in a hole that's round.....

Carl Rombauts
Marionette

Post by Carl Rombauts »

Nicely put !
Hope they return in full glory !

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

does he realize they still put out great music and awesome concerts.he's too busy with his own music dave is timeless he's not a 80's or 90's performer he's going on his 4th decade.i liked ryan adams better when he had a b in front of his name.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

EL DANGEROSO wrote:does he realize they still put out great music and awesome concerts.he's too busy with his own music dave is timeless he's not a 80's or 90's performer he's going on his 4th decade.i liked ryan adams better when he had a b in front of his name.
To be fair, not many people know Soul Asylum is still around. Lets put it this way, in the past 15 years how many albums has Soul Asylum put out? In the same time period Ryan has released 12 solo albums, and 2 whiskeytown albums. It's easy to see how people wouldn't know Soul Asylum is still releasing new material.

That said, i don't think Ryan meant any disrepect to Dave or Soul Asylum with his comment, if anything it's awesome that he'd mention them, and let his fans know of the awesomeness of Sometime To Return!

Phil

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

lots of nice comments under the post - that's nice to see.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

i wasnt being that serious ive never listened to ryan adams.you cant expect everyone to know SA is still around i was just saying he's not much of a fan if he doesnt realize there still around.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

I don't interpret "bands like this" as a literal statement that he's hoping for SA et al to "Return." I'm sure he at least is aware that they still exist. I think he's commenting on the current state of rock and roll in general, like no one rocks like this or make songs like this anymore.

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

Ryan Adams? I've heard of Bryan Adams but never this guy.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

he said something about lost rock n roll bands on a train to a netherworld this guy never could have had the success of SA however short lived it was.it just seemed like a backhanded comment to me.i cant take him seriously because his name sounds too much like bryan adams although ive taken advice from a guy named avid bowie before.