TV----plays SA

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
scandal84
Marionette

TV----plays SA

Post by scandal84 »

Last week on the network TV show OCTOBER ROAD, the show played the entire SA song PROMISES BROKEN during the show--toward the end of the show. The show features that cute red haired girl from THAT 70's SHOW. Did anyone catch this ???? I did !

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I've never heard of the show, but I do know that the girl you're referring to is Laura Prepon, even though she's got blonde hair on her IMDB profile photo.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Re: TV----plays SA

Post by pathorses »

scandal84 wrote:Last week on the network TV show OCTOBER ROAD, the show played the entire SA song PROMISES BROKEN during the show--toward the end of the show. The show features that cute red haired girl from THAT 70's SHOW. Did anyone catch this ???? I did !
Yes, I did and I almost fell off the couch!! Especially since they did play the entire song! What a great choice!

I even checked their web site and they play good music on that show. I saw Pearl Jam's "Come Back" had been played on a recent episode. That's from their most recent album, too. Might have to keep watching....

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Wow, they played the song and made it longer. :shock: A few parts of the song were edited, but thats not uncommon for television and movies.

If you're interested, you can see it on ABC's website. You'll probably have to download a quick file for the video player.

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Once there, click on October Road in the left column and then look for the 11/22/07 episode (I had to click on the lastest episode to access it though as it wasn't in the list) and scroll to part 5 of the video to hear the song/video.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Why? Why? The episodes are only available to people within the United States! They've just botched their one chance of getting non-Americans to buy their series on DVD, because most of those shows are never going to air on any channels that I have access to.

Don't get me wrong, though; it's pretty damn awesome that they're offering the episodes for free online. Still, I wish they would have made them available to people worldwide.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

scandal84
Marionette

october road episode

Post by scandal84 »

I believe the episode of OCTOBER ROAD that played PROMISES BROKEN was called "SEARCHING FOR SULLIVAN" !!!

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Re: october road episode

Post by pathorses »

scandal84 wrote:I believe the episode of OCTOBER ROAD that played PROMISES BROKEN was called "SEARCHING FOR SULLIVAN" !!!
That reminds me: I watched October Road last night (half-way) and they played "Misery"; I don't think it was a rerun....

Pat

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Awesome. I saw that episode.

I am glad that SA are finally gonna get some sync pay for licensed songs on TV. That will help them out financially and get their music more exposed. People used to call that "selling out" but with internet downloading and radio airplay being non-existent and everything else going on today, bands have to do what they can to make money.

I am happy about it! :D

g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

I got to the website, downloaded the required player, and then was thwarted by my server. I don't know what to do to jump over that last hurdle! I saw the last episode too, but only intermittently (it is rare that I get to sit down and watch all of anything!). It is a good show, and I have really enjoyed the trend of showcasing artists' music (known and unknown) more prominently on today's primetime television series. It is good for the music industry in general as well as giving specific artists more exposure. The fact that they are using SA in this newer mode just speaks volumes as to how much staying power their music has.

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Post by Judgmental Patient »

That's excellent. They played Black Gold at the Capitals game last week, I almost cried.
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more