Autumn 2011 tour cancelled.

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
danbarry
Stranger

Autumn 2011 tour cancelled.

Post by danbarry »

well, since they cancelled the Denver show, I suppose we and the Belgians shouldn't feel too much that its a snub to europe. looking more like a genuine case of something important within the band possibly.

I think until we know for sure we should continue support the band. If it's management then they can always fire them, if its something within the band, personal problems or someone leaving etc, then we should want them to get this sorted and hopefully when we do see them they'll live up to everyones expectations and tear the fookin roof off. I know its all easy for me to say I dont stand to lose anything, i live on london and was only on the verge of buying my ticket, but i sympathise with how much of a hassle this is to the people who have gone to huge time and expense, bought tix, planes, hotels etc.

I agree you have every right to post your anger. I hope the management and the band read these and realize that there are a lot of people to whome Soul Asylum still mean a hell of a lot.

I know this is little comfort and from individual perspectives it sucks big time, please try to keep it in perspective. Bands hate to cancel shows. I'm sure the reason (should we ever find out why it is) will be a good one. (possibly completing a new album).

We can only hope and maintain the collective dream we've all held onto for the last 15 or so years.

Kradokk
Runaway

Re: Autumn 2011 tour cancelled.

Post by Kradokk »

Any chance its due to the GNR tour, and they couldn't get another bass player on short notice to replace Tommy?

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I had thought that too, but what about Pete Donnelly? He's been working out well lately. Maybe they're both busy?

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

AlyssaJones wrote:I had thought that too, but what about Pete Donnelly? He's been working out well lately. Maybe they're both busy?
Pete is on tour with NRBQ.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:
AlyssaJones wrote:I had thought that too, but what about Pete Donnelly? He's been working out well lately. Maybe they're both busy?
Pete is on tour with NRBQ.
MYSTERY SOLVED! Thank you Judith.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I'll always be a fan, nothing's going to change that... I grew up with this music and it has always meant a lot to me, but cancelling 3 weeks before the show is fucked up when you've been waiting for 18 years (yes... 18 years), like I have. If it's due to personal problems then I understand but saying it's a schedule reason, then fuck that. Being a SA fan requires much patience... from them constantly giving another time to when the album is going to come out (wasn't this new album gonna come out in 2009? And then 2010... it won't even come out this year anymore... right now we should doubt 2012) to finally coming to Europe and then at the last second cancelling without giving much reason... so yeah, I'm kinda pissed off, but... fuck it... when the new album comes out I'll be the first one to buy it.

theswine
Runaway

Post by theswine »

How about George Scot McKelvey? He has performed with them and could probably get up to speed on the new stuff fairly quickly.

This cancellation is kind of hard for me to understand. Surely someone could have read a calendar and noticed that someone had to be in two places at once in time to address the problem.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

theswine wrote:This cancellation is kind of hard for me to understand. Surely someone could have read a calendar and noticed that someone had to be in two places at once in time to address the problem.
That's what I was trying to say too... I can't imagine that being the reason, but if it is then they should really change the way they handle things. But I reckon it might be because of poor ticket sales... but they should have seen that one coming too... if not too many people show up in your own home country for a gig, then don't expect many people to show up in countries that you've been neglecting for almost two decades. That being said, I don't know if that's the real reason.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

The Europe shows could have been cancelled due to low ticket sales, but like someone else said, that wouldn't explain the Denver cancellation, which makes me think that whatever the reason, it was the same reason for all three of those shows. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. I have no idea. I spend too much time speculating on what goes on with this band. :lol:

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

Well, my message to the boys is this: You've always got fans out here patiently (maybe sometimes impatiently) awaiting your next appearance. If it's next week or next year, I will be there! So, do what you gotta do and we'll be waiting! If anything was worth the wait, their show ranks right up there! Until then.....
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""