Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Friendless King
Lone Rider
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by Friendless King »

Would you be for or against Soul Asylum doing an "entirety" tour? When a band goes on tour and plays one of their classic albums in its entirety - as track listed. - Which album would you most like to see S/A tour?


1 - hang time

2 - and the horse they rode in on

3 - GDU

Closer
Social Butterfly
Posts: 505
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by Closer »

Any album before GDU.

But the trick is to get them to tour at all.

ghettogold
Inmate
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:52 am
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by ghettogold »

I would pick Grave Dancers because it is the one I associate the most with becoming a huge fan. Hang Time would be pretty frikken awesome though.

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by Karlwerneth »

I would like them to do "While You Were Out". IF they ever did such a thing, it would be Grave Dancers Union because that was the big one. In reality I would like "the New Album" from front to back. And maybe back again for good measure. Ha Ha Ha!

User avatar
philipgar
O'Jeezer
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Folsom, CA
Contact:

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by philipgar »

Karlwerneth wrote:I would like them to do "While You Were Out". IF they ever did such a thing, it would be Grave Dancers Union because that was the big one. In reality I would like "the New Album" from front to back. And maybe back again for good measure. Ha Ha Ha!

Just wait until it's released... in 2023

Phil

User avatar
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:16 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by AlyssaJones »

Oh Phil, be more optimistic. I'm sure it'll be out no later than April 2022. :P

User avatar
philipgar
O'Jeezer
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Folsom, CA
Contact:

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by philipgar »

AlyssaJones wrote:Oh Phil, be more optimistic. I'm sure it'll be out no later than April 2022. :P
last year, or whenever there was the poll on when the new album would come out, I was initially optimistic, and had put down late 2011. I really thought it was almost ready, and the band had confirmed that... Late 2011 was much later than the band was saying it would be ready, but optimistic in a way that only soul asylum fans can understand. I've since been forced to change my vote.

Now, I seriously wonder if it'll be released in 2012... Possibly 2013, but the band actually has to ... oh play together to make an album. I don't really care too much when the album gets released, if they don't make new music, that's there business (although it would suck for us). It just starts to piss me off when we're told 20 times that it will be out soon, and then waiting years and years. Of course, at least they didn't pull a brent best on this one (no offense to brent, I still love his music, but come on!)

Phil

User avatar
Homesick
Warden
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:31 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by Homesick »

philipgar wrote:at least they didn't pull a brent best on this one (no offense to brent, I still love his music, but come on!)
What does it mean to pull a Brent Best? I've never heard of him.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

User avatar
Monolith Maniac
The Judge
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Central Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Homesick wrote:
philipgar wrote:at least they didn't pull a brent best on this one (no offense to brent, I still love his music, but come on!)
What does it mean to pull a Brent Best? I've never heard of him.
I hadn't heard of him either; but correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume this is a "Brent Best".

http://thepeoplesmusic.us/2010/04/help- ... new-album/
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Closer
Social Butterfly
Posts: 505
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by Closer »

philipgar wrote:I don't really care too much when the album gets released, if they don't make new music, that's there business (although it would suck for us). It just starts to piss me off when we're told 20 times that it will be out soon, and then waiting years and years.
I still care about seeing one of my favourite bands release new music, especially seeing as it's so rare these days, but apart from that I agree... they keep getting your hopes up this way and it's always something else. When I got my ticket for the Brussels show in the mail, I just knew somehow that it wasn't gonna happen... but then it still took them almost till the last second to cancel the show, so I still got my hopes up in the end... it's amazing when you think about it, their ability to still disappoint you. I'm sure that I come off very negative towards them in my posts these days, but I'll come around when (IF) they release a really great album sometime in the next ten years.

Post Reply