Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by AlyssaJones »

Yeah, I love Dave and the boys and I'm not trying to disrespect them at all here, but the fact that they keep saying this and that about when the album's coming out plus those Europe cancellations plus the fact that it looks like there isn't gonna be a mpls holiday show this year (they would've announced it by now, don't you think?) all just seems a bit unfair.

They're all very sweet and generous people, and I realize they have families and other stuff going on, but when all these disappointments pile up it seems like they don't care that much. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they've had very good reasons for all of it, but when they cancel this and postpone that and don't give any concrete reasons, I just kinda feel like they owe the fans something for it. Being in the band is their primary means of employment, and if they didn't have fans, they wouldn't have the job.

It just seems like at this point they should know damn well how much we love them and want to hear the new album and go to their concerts. :|

zany
Social Butterfly

Re: Soul Asylum Performs ? In Its Entirety

Post by zany »

regarding the delayed album, i'm just glad this is all being delayed during the year(s) i haven't had time to even listen to non-kids-music. so for me the timing is fine i wouldn't have time to appreciate the new album right now or in the past year and ahalf.

regarding the original question, it's a hard decision bewteen horse and gdu but i think i'd rather see the songs on horse played live.
also i would rather them not do that kind of tour unless it's the day after a normal type setlist in a 30 minute driving radius from my house so i can go 2 days in a row to see both versions :) (hey it's hypothetical question so i can put stipulations on my answer!)

ah it's nice to post on here again! it's been awhile - hope all my ETSA friends are doing well. i'm good - only lost my power for 2 days in connecticut's freak halloween snow storm as opposed to the 7 days that we lost power for during the hurricane the month before.... we're thinking of skipping getting a generator and investing in solar panels maybe!?! :)