I'll Volunteer

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Woody
Stranger

Post by Woody »

Wow, thanks everyone! This is really helpful....

Any chance anyone's ever heard a song called "The Wrong Idea?" Can't seem to find a copy of it but we might do it if we can find it. We're doing a handful of new cover songs too, should be a fun night.

Tim O'Reagan got added to the bill as well, he's going to play before Marc & Janey so we look forward to that.

Thanks again! I owe you folks a drink that night!

Woody
Hello, Al White Motors...

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Hi Woody! Welcome to the site and forum community.

Since the show is including The Volunteers, does that meant it's a benefit show? If so, what's the benefit event?

I really wish I could go, Some of the best Soul Asylum shows I've been to have been benefit shows. Benefit shows seem to be the best opportunity to get to see the rare SA gems we're all dying to hear live. Gluke's and Nye's both hold special places in my heart. Unfortunately, I havn't been able to manage a trip to Minneapolis since I had a stroke just a few weeks after the Nye's show in 2005, and am now disabled.

Needless to say, I'm suffering major Soul Asylum withdrawals, but I'm unable to drive to the cities myself anymore, and funding a Minneapolis trip has been impossible too, since I'm medically retired and skimping by on disability.

I miss my Soul Asylum road trips! Say hello to Dave for me, and tell us more about the show.

Clydella