The DVD Project needs some help

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

lol - here's my response from him (after I told him I reported all 5 of his SA dvd's to the ebay ppl, of which I see two of his dvd's are not being listed anymore)

F U

-kebs1
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

If you go to the policy page norma023 linked to, you'll see there's a "Report listing violations" link at the bottom of the page that you can use. I don't know how vigilant eBay is about this kind of stuff, but if several people report the same item it should have a lot more effect. I've already sent in a report of my own. For quick reference, here are the item numbers:

350002657411, 350003824299, 350003843689

Also, I just checked the guy's listing again and all of a sudden the SA DVDs are gone.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

I reported him, too. Didn't engage him personally, though.

Looks like eBay's policy is to suspend people only after repeated violations.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

JHamm
Lone Rider

Post by JHamm »

Many, many thanks to everyone here. I really appreciate it a lot. I've actually got some more Soul Asylum DVDs in the works and dealing with people like that takes the wind out of me a little. But I'm a firm believer in karma, and his day will come.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Listen, Jesse: Your work is definitely appreciated. (I'm thinking about sending for some of your DVDs myself sometime. :)) If this guy ever starts acting up again—or if someone else betrays your trust by selling the DVDs—just let us know and we'll help out.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

disilluzion
O'Jeezer

Post by disilluzion »

Not to bring anyone down, but unless eBay has changed in the last few years they aren't going to remove anything like this unless law enforcement or a rep from the band actually reports it to them.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

norma023 wrote:lol - here's my response from him (after I told him I reported all 5 of his SA dvd's to the ebay ppl, of which I see two of his dvd's are not being listed anymore)

F U

-kebs1
Saddly, I don't think any of this had anything to do with ebay. The method that works remarkably well is to claim to know the band, and that if they don't remove the offending items you will have to contact the band and see to it that the items and their ebay account are removed. I replied to his nasty message saying something along the lines of "I was trying to be nice and see if you'd remove the item. However, as a friend of the band . . . " It's only half a bluff, I mean we all have contacts, although I doubt the band could do anything more than the rest of us could.

Anyhow, after sending that message, I quickly got back a response of: "That's more like it. I don't enjoy being threatened and called names by strangers. I will get them off there.
mike

- kebs1"

Ah, what a little bluffing can do to get ebay scammers running scared.

Phil

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Hi all,

Nice to get my good xmas feeling early. Was so excited to read about the dvd project on this site earlier. A lot of cool stuff from shows or tours that I have seen and would love to have copies of. Hate to read that one bad apple is spoiling stuff. But when I clicked on all the bootlegs were off the list. So great job folks. Never underestimate the power of the collective! As for the foul responses, witches make a lot of noise when they are melting!

meg

norma023
O'Jeezer

ebay boots

Post by norma023 »

hate to threadjack, but funny, I don't remember this one being officially released. Is this a "long lost album" I never heard about??

:roll:

ebay item # 200189676361
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: ebay boots

Post by Monolith Maniac »

norma023 wrote:hate to threadjack, but funny, I don't remember this one being officially released. Is this a "long lost album" I never heard about??

:roll:

ebay item # 200189676361
Todd,

That one I believe is a bootleg of the MTV Unplugged show from an audience recording. The CD was released in 1993 judging by the copyright.

Update: Found a little more info here.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com