Dave's Wiki Page

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
snflwr0118
Marionette

Dave's Wiki Page

Post by snflwr0118 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Pirner

Just wondering if anyone has seen Dave's Wiki page?? I noted a few obvious flaws right off the bat, but I am curious to see what everyone else's opinion is. I would love for Dave to edit his own, heck I figure if people are going to print/post things about you it might as well be factual right?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Dave's Wiki Page

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Welcome to the site!

The page has been riddled with errors since it was put up. I have edited it a handful times (not for probably a year) and it keeps getting reverted back to the same mistakes. It looks a lot better than it did though.

Just looking quickly I see two errors:

1, He was born in Minneapolis, not Green Bay, WI (he grew up there though). Even IMDb) lists Green Bay as his birthplace.

2. Not really about Dave but ...with the 1992 single "Runaway Train", followed by another hit song, "Black Gold".... Runaway Train was released after Black Gold and in 1993 as a single.

Those are a few things that I can see offhand (what did you notice?).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

snflwr0118
Marionette

Post by snflwr0118 »

Hey thanks for the reply. I also noticed the time line for runaway train. The birthplace deal was an obvious given and I found it kinda funny after noticing that that if you search Dave Pirner Birthplace on pretty much any search engine/site you continue to get the Green Bay answer!

To funny in the modern technology times stuff like that is so easily published incorrectly and floating around.

Thanks again for the reply have a great one ;)

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

As for Dave editing his own page, that's actually something that Wikipedia discourages, even though they can't really prevent it. I completely agree that these factual errors are silly and shouldn't continue to be posted on a site like Wikipedia. Makes it even more valuable to have a site like EtSA, of course. :)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

snflwr0118 wrote:Hey thanks for the reply. I also noticed the time line for runaway train. The birthplace deal was an obvious given and I found it kinda funny after noticing that that if you search Dave Pirner Birthplace on pretty much any search engine/site you continue to get the Green Bay answer!

To funny in the modern technology times stuff like that is so easily published incorrectly and floating around.

Thanks again for the reply have a great one ;)
This http://www.xkcd.com comic describes exactly how this stuff can happen...

phil

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Post by Dave4Prez »

I don't care where Dave was born, I'm just SO glad he was. Imagine the world without...no, no, no.....let's not.