New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Re: New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

thats funny 5 bids on it.can it be true?doubt it.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I think it leaked already, hasn't it?

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

Is a leakage possible? If it is, I guess it is not legal. I think leakage is not beneficial. Of course the anxiety for all is growing. Just a little patience. We waited for 6 years. We can survive 50 more days!!! Best wishes to all from Bamberg, Germany!

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Of course it's not legal... but hell, I'm downloading albums while I'm typing this. I know that in Germany they can track you down or something and sue you, but that's not even possible here. I won't be downloading the new album, though... I can wait to hear those few new songs that I haven't heard yet.

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

Music that I really love or I anticipate to hear I prefer to have it in original recordings. Also there is the procedure that I love. Expecting and going to a store and getting it in my hands...My mothertown, Larissa in Greece, had few music stores, when I was an adolescent, and I remember myself having anxiety about when the new SA CD will arrive. So it is also an emotional procedure.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I wouldn't even know where to go if I want to buy a record in a store... there are barely any left anymore. If it's a band I really like, then I make sure I get an original copy, but otherwise I'm downloading... CDs became way too expensive anyway.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

All this talk about where to get the new record made me nervous so I just pre-ordered on Amazon. Was pleasantly surprised to see that you can order it on vinyl, too. So, of course, I ordered one of those, too. :lol:

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

That's the spirit!!! I only have ''Grave Dancers Union'' in vinyl. Vinyl records have a unique magic!!! I will definetely buy the new album, but I have an unpleasant experience with pre-ordering. So I will just wait!

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

I also have a theory for the front cover of ''Delayed Reaction''. I believe that the beach referrs to California, the place where 429 Records is located. The bicycle explains ''delayed''. A long distance rock music trip by bicycle to California!!! Maybe the lady is from the cover of GDU...just kidding!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Delayed+Rea ... lp=13&cp=1

Even though their earlier albums would definitely contain one if the rating system was around at the time, I just kind of find it funny to see a Soul Asylum album denoting a "Parental Advisory" sticker... maybe its just me though.

I'm not sure about the three songs we haven't heard (Pipe Dream, Take Manhattan, The Juice) but does Let's All Kill Each Other make it a song that slaps it on there (just due to the reference of killing; there is no vulgar language in it). :?:

Also noting, on that page, if you click "Details" (down the screen a little, below the album cover), it mentions the "original release date" was 5/1/12; maybe that explains why there is already a copy of it on eBay (or maybe just promo copies given to radio stations, etc.)?
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com