New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Don't know when it was taken or how long it's been available to listen to, but there is a pretty long interview on the label's website with Dave.

Check it out! :)

http://www.429records.com/sites/429reco ... asylum.asp
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

Monolith Maniac wrote:Don't know when it was taken or how long it's been available to listen to, but there is a pretty long interview on the label's website with Dave.

Check it out! :)

http://www.429records.com/sites/429reco ... asylum.asp

Glad they put this up for free!!

It's from May 30th when Dave was on the James VanOsdol Show which is part of the Steve Dahl network of podcasts that you have to pay a monthly fee to listen.

http://new.dahl.com/podcasts/james-vano ... 5-30-2012/
Last edited by LittleTooClean on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

According to the interview it sounded like there was supposed to be a Chicago show (starting at 19:00).

That would have been one hell of a double back trek show (Chicago, IL > Charlotte, NC> Temecula, CA).

I also like how Dave uses the word "gigs", and he isn't even referring to a show. (starts at 21:50). :)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Thanks, Jim. I'm glad they put it up.

I think that is the same one I posted "Dave on Blog..." about. I went to the site to check it out but they wanted you to sign up and sometimes I have committment issues. :lol:

Unfortuantely, can't listen to it at work now...but gives me something to look forward to on a Monday evening.

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

The interview was great! First time I hear Dave speaking for so long. I kept some points, but I will underline his tribute to Michael Bland!!! Maybe you could help me since I do not live in USA. When it is mentioned that ''gravity TOP10 at Alternative Radio'' what does it mean? A specific radio station or in general for alternative radiostations in USA? Forgive my ignorance... 42 and today (as we use to count in army) for...you all know what!!! Take care!!!

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

Will the LP contain a free code to download the tracks as well? Vinyl is nice, but I don't have a record player in my car!!!!!

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

I am glad a new album is coming out in July. Honestly, more power to them to re-work old songs, B-sides, whatever. Have any of you that are pissed about that seen the industry lately? Dave & Co. are not idiots.

What 'older' band that you know of is all jacked up about making new music? Only one I can really think of-Van Halen (and most of their songs on ADKOT are from demos that are quite old)? Well, and to be fair, I wouldn't put them on the same level as SA anyway, in terms of fan bases, album sales, touring, etc.

I'm glad Soul Asylum IS still around...playing shows (and thankfully for me, usually in or around Chicago), and putting out new tunes. To me, even 6 new songs is better than touring and playing the same setlists as were played last summer.

As a side note, why don't some of you that are so unhappy do this: go see an upcoming show....hang out after for when Dave, Dan, etc, come over to say hey to everyone. Then, just voice your displeasure to their faces. See what happens. Exactly. You wouldn't think of doing that. Does no good here either.

LuckyLittleGirl
Runaway

Post by LuckyLittleGirl »

at least they didn't release different colored versions of the album that each have a different "bonus song" and call it an innovative marketing approach
(à la the smashing pumpkins). but seriously, don't be ungrateful because what if they see that and say "well f* this then." it's hard to make an album. i'm so glad they still endeavor to provide us with quality entertainment.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

mrsromek wrote:I am glad a new album is coming out in July. Honestly, more power to them to re-work old songs, B-sides, whatever. Have any of you that are pissed about that seen the industry lately? Dave & Co. are not idiots.

What 'older' band that you know of is all jacked up about making new music?

As a side note, why don't some of you that are so unhappy do this: go see an upcoming show....hang out after for when Dave, Dan, etc, come over to say hey to everyone. Then, just voice your displeasure to their faces. See what happens. Exactly. You wouldn't think of doing that. Does no good here either.
Dude, relax... this is a forum where you can discuss things. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not pissed... disappointed perhaps, but I have that right... doesn't mean I'm ungrateful or that I can't wait to hear those few new songs that I haven't heard yet.

About other older bands... Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Pearl Jam to name a few... the list is really very long.

I would love to go see an upcoming show but they haven't played around here for nearly 17 years, so you can see the problem for me... but if I ever got to meet them I wouldn't be ''scared'' to ask them about this or whatever, if that's what you try to imply... I mean, jeez... they're just people.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I think he just meant that none of us would do that because it would hurt their feelings, not that they'd get mad at yell at us or something. The guys in the band aren't even remotely scary. :P