[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 New Album "Delayed Reaction" out July 17th, 2012 
Inmate

I only know "By The Way", the rest of the songs, i have never heard of, hell, i dont own many of the SA albums, only GDU, LYDLS, CFAS (the promo version they mailed out) I own a few CD singles and a Vinyl single.

I cant wait till its released, so i can go buy it, but im going ot try and track down all other albums im missing xD

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:42 am
Profile YIM
The Judge

429 Records has just put up a page for Soul Asylum on their site. There's also a news section which includes an up-to-date bio (with some info on the album), as well as the press release, and a link to a Billboard article.

http://www.429records.com/sites/429reco ... asylum.asp

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:55 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

yay it's fun reading about them sounding excited about the songs :)

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:26 am
The Judge

I was doing some research to see if I could find anything about the album cover, and came across the following:

http://www.unstage.com/2009/09/painting ... -bartlett/

It looks that the image is a oil painting from 2000 by American realist Bo Bartlett titled, The Dowry.

After I found out his name, I Googled it and sure enough he's got a website where there are some more of his highly detailed paintings (complete with zooming).

http://www.bobartlett.com/paintings/2000-the-dowry.html

I would have never thought the image was a painting; looked like a photograph to me. :shock: I wonder who in the group came across that picture (possibly Dan since he's into art)? Whoever it was, they all must have liked it though. :P

----

I also found that it appears to be a cover of a *, Un' estate fa (translated A Summers Ago) by Baresani Camilla.

(*Note: I translated the book link from Italian).

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

I still think it sucks.

It's a stupid album cover and a bad painting to begin with. It shows exceptional skill but the framing is terrible. Hello, it's called the Rule of Thirds, people! You never center your subject. Centering your subject looks so amateur. On the book cover version Jim posted though, it actually looks halfway decent since they reformatted it.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:53 pm
O'Jeezer

Is the girl on her bike supposed to be having a delayed reaction to something, which could then cause her to get hurt on the bike?

Or am I reading too much into this trying to link the picture to the album title?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:18 pm
Inmate

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 pm
Inmate

A lot of their album covers are kinda artistic... and with most art, some like it and some don't. I personally like it, but I couldn't even care less about it... I still think the track listing is a complete let down and reading now that they recorded many covers, I'm even more surprised at what gives and what happened to their creativity... I wish they were like Pearl Jam... those guys are the same age, from the same alt scene and are releasing albums with new material every two years... and those guys actually play other places outside of america... Blah... bring on album number 11

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:48 am
The Judge

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:42 am
Profile WWW
The Judge

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next