Delayed Reaction Preview Stream!

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Re: Delayed Reaction Preview Stream!

Post by Karlwerneth »

I will try to resit and not listen until the release date. It won't be easy. Then, I'll pretend I don't know any of the songs.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

8-) :P
i thought i saw somebody post this on facebook but i couldn't listen to it at the time (was at work on my phone...!) so i finally had a chance to listen tonight - YAY i love it! they all sound so good. and my laziness is paying off because i never got a chance to put the 3 live versions i had on my mp3 player so i haven't heard them very much yet so they sound pretty new to me.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

TAKE MANHATTAN /INTO THE LIGHT /BY THE WAY/ i could see those being my fave on the new cd.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I think my favorites are going to be Take Manhattan, Pipe Dream, and Into the Light. The Juice sounds like it's gonna be a bit cheesy, but I know I'll still like it.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

AlyssaJones wrote:I think my favorites are going to be Take Manhattan, Pipe Dream, and Into the Light. The Juice sounds like it's gonna be a bit cheesy, but I know I'll still like it.
yeah pipe dream sounds good.i cant wait to hear the whole song.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

I can't really say a lot about 30 seconds previews, let alone pick favourites already... but it does sound that there aren't many songs with raw edges on it... Of course they haven't had many of them since the late 80's/ early 90's, but the Silver Lining at least had Bus Named Desire and Slowly Rising. So perhaps that's too bad for the more ''rocking'' fans among us, but maybe a more pop album is where they are at in their career... as long as the songs are good.

jasonC
Caged Rat

Post by jasonC »

Closer wrote:I can't really say a lot about 30 seconds previews, let alone pick favourites already... but it does sound that there aren't many songs with raw edges on it... Of course they haven't had many of them since the late 80's/ early 90's, but the Silver Lining at least had Bus Named Desire and Slowly Rising. So perhaps that's too bad for the more ''rocking'' fans among us, but maybe a more pop album is where they are at in their career... as long as the songs are good.
The live version of The Streets that I heard was a pretty raw and rocking but the studio version does sound quite a bit cleaned up. It still sounds good to me though. Slowly Rising never really did much for me, I would easily pick a song like Hopes Up over that one for a rocker.

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

I never listen to these preview things online, I hate streaming internet audio. But I am glad to hear the positive reaction so far.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

jasonC wrote:Slowly Rising never really did much for me, I would easily pick a song like Hopes Up over that one for a rocker.
Yeah, it's not my favourite song either, but I would have loved to hear them come up with some more heavy stuff again like All The King's Friends, Losin' It, Ode, etc... something with a good heavy riff in it.