Thoughts On Hurry Up And Wait

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
jasonC
Caged Rat

Thoughts On Hurry Up And Wait

Post by jasonC »

The overall consensus on the new album seems to be very positive so far. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the new record are.

To me it's a very rich sounding record that gets better upon repeated listens.

Favorites are: Got It Pretty Good, Freezer Burn, Silly Things, Here We Go and Make Her Laugh.

Nothing I really dislike but least favorites are Dead Letter and Busy Signals.

The record is still kinda in it's infancy right now but those are my current feelings.

Fan since 88
Marionette

Re: Thoughts On Hurry Up And Wait

Post by Fan since 88 »

One thing I expect from SA is that each album is different and all show the continued evolution. The last thing I would expect is for SA to put out an LP that sounds exactly like the last. I really like Hurry Up and Wait and agree that the more I listen, the more I like it. When Dead Letter was the first early release track, to be honest I questioned it. But many plays later, Dead Letter has really grown on me.

jasonC
Caged Rat

Post by jasonC »

The more I listen the more I like it, which is the mark of a good record to me. Silly Things really grabbed me upon first listen, really connected with that one. Freezer Burn is a good rocker, nice chorus. Got It Pretty Good is even better to me in the context of the album, liked it before hearing the whole record but like it even more now. Make Her Laugh and Here We Go are both just great songs, similar in tempo and catchy as all get out.
I'm really pleased with the record.

wurmi
Stranger

Post by wurmi »

Silly Things is such a great tune!
I really didn't like Dead Letter when I first heard it, and I was really disappointed after Social Butterfly was released as a single. So I had no high expectations on this album. But now I think the entire album is one of the best of their entire catalogue. As already said, it grows with every listen. Now I really like Social Butterfly :) The only song I don't like is Landmines.

Thanks Dave, Ryan, Winston and Michael. Supporting my life for 25 years :)

jasonC
Caged Rat

Post by jasonC »

I liked Social Butterfly when they released it before the album came out. Ryan's guitar work on that one is nice. I like Landmines too, quite a bit. My least favorite is Busy Signals, it kinda reminds me of Make It Real which I didn't really care for.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Strongest record since The Silver Lining in my humble opinion.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

I love it all except two tracks, landmines and busy signals (both phone themed songs ?!)

fave is Here we go. I loved it instantly just a few notes in

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I've really enjoyed this new album, and one observation I have is that there's something for everyone. It seems we all have our own faves and least faves, and those are different!

My favorite is "Silent Treatment." :)

Jcook76
Lone Rider

Post by Jcook76 »

Just a really solid album.

jasonC
Caged Rat

Post by jasonC »

Did you guys see where it's the highest charting SA album since Dim Light? I am ecstatic, they deserve it and then some. Also said, more music is on the way. Hallelujah.