89.3 In Studio Performance?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Asylunt
O'Jeezer

89.3 In Studio Performance?

Post by Asylunt »

So I listen to the Current everyday(they play a Soul Asylum Song and a Replacements song at least once a day), I'd requested gravity many times and the folks at the station know me as a long time fan of the band. I requested the song yesterday because I was pissed my Edit version I paid for from iTunes cut out Dave's lyrical rant at the end. Shortly after emailing the station, They play Summer of Drugs and then talk a little afterwards about the new album and the shows, and make a mention of "those of you that are excited about this release writing in should stay tuned, something exciting is in the works like a possible in studio performance that you could attend."

I am already writing the station saying I would love to be involved, but it isn't officially announced yet. Not sure if anyone else caught this or has heard word of it, but it is a very common thing for the Current to have bands stop by and do an in studio before they play a show. Fingers Crossed!
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Re: 89.3 In Studio Performance?

Post by Asylunt »

So this was announced. I have already bombarded the Current with entries and written a few emails. Each winner gets two tickets. I'd gladly share with another fan, hopefully if I don't win, someone else would do the same for me.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collec ... _sou.shtml

They are also doing a drawing for a CD giveaway.

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

89.3 In Studio Performance! Thurs. July, 19th at Noon

Post by Asylunt »

I forgot to mention you can call in to win every day till next Thurs. when the in studio is, It's a brief performance and live interview, at Noon on th 19th.

I wanna win so bad, anyone else trying for this?

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Re: 89.3 In Studio Performance?

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Yup, my husband and I each entered separately a few days ago. Here's hopin'!
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.