Delayed Reaction Chart Position

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Delayed Reaction Chart Position

Post by AlyssaJones »

matchooh wrote:Unless they're next single is "Soul Asylum featuring Katy Perry"
I would just like to go on record by saying that I would honestly love that. :lol:

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: Delayed Reaction Chart Position

Post by Closer »

matchooh wrote:
Closer wrote:I don't see how it's disappointing seeing as they've been off most people's radar since the late 90's and how little promotion they did for the Silver Lining.
Securing a deal like what they have (for the last two albums) with Best Buy is a pretty big deal for any band.

Personally I couldn't care less about how well they charted. Unless they're next single is "Soul Asylum featuring Katy Perry" (LOL) They probably won't chart much, if ever, again. (God help us if that ever becomes reality).

Anywho - to use an example. The Cranberries put out a new album this year, it hit #51 on the Billboard 200, with even less promotion than SA. I suppose they are a bit more known worldwide and that may have contributed, but I just use it as an example that a band with little to no promotion in the last 15 years can still do well on the charts.

I just would have thought with it being front and center at BB it would have debuted a bit higher....
SA isn't known for their huge fanbase and I don't know about the Cranberries, but I do know that they are a lot more well known than SA, like you mentioned, and of course that counts. You have to see it like this... they released two albums in the last 14 years without too much promotion and even before that they were already downhill in popularity. So to enter the charts at all these days while (almost) everyone downloads anyway, I don't think it's too disappointing.