Do NOT Buy!!!!

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
blueharvest
O'Jeezer

Do NOT Buy!!!!

Post by blueharvest »

Just read this on NBCnews

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_new ... nted-music

Can't say I'm surprised, but still sad.

J

Marta
Runaway

Re: Do NOT Buy!!!!

Post by Marta »

I read that too! That's ridiculous. One of my daughters loves Perry Ferrell too. I guess I won't be going to that record store :lol:

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I'm not surprised either. I have seen an excess of 90s SA cds in the used bins. My guess is people liked the big singles and didn't like the rest of the cd. I remember as a poor college student, there were some stores that wouldn't buy back certain cds, or said they had too many of a particular cd, and there were other stores that would take ANYTHING.

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

To each his/her own, but honestly, with eBay, Amazon, etc, why would I drive somewhere with the hopes of maybe finding a used CD when I can look online and buy it from my desk and have it shipped to my door? And, for probably $3 or more less?

I love their new releases list....I'd say 80-90% of those bands will be playing to 16 people in a few years or decide to pack it in all together....

I am not opposed to Indie fans, bands, or supporters, but based on the interview and the tone of the employee, he should consider evolving like the rest of the world has has to do over time....

NightHawk
Stranger

Post by NightHawk »

I've had to buy all my Soul Asylum cd's at used record stores and online. When I went to HMV the first day Delayed Reaction came out it wasn't with the other new releases I found one copy of it in the Soul Asylum section with the only other SA album there the greatest hits album for $5.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

I Guess that explains y I can almost never find sa a a record store. Too bad for them cause I would probably be buying