First Avenue Roll Call

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

First Avenue Roll Call

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Earlier today I spoke with Benny and he had wanted me to let you all know that there are very few tickets left for the First Avenue show; so if you haven't got them yet, better get them ASAP. Also he wanted me to ask how many people from the forum will be going to the show and will be spending the night at a hotel in Minneapolis area. He would like to know because he said he could possibly get us a group rate discount at a low-cost hotel near the venue. If you're interested, please let me know.

Benny also told me that the band is rehearsing some of their older material for the show, so look forward to hearing a new setlist of some of their older songs.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

Hey Jim it is Scott. I Met you at Potowatomi. We keep running into each other. mY girlfriend Traci and i are already staying at a room less than a mile from First Avenue. I can't wait for the show! Hey we will find you all there!
See You Later

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Thanks for the heads up! I'm one of those planning on spending the night there and am interested. About tix, I've already ordered mine so it should be arriving any time now. I too am looking forward to the show. Hope to see you there.

spinnin
Lone Rider

Post by spinnin »

thanx for the heads up! i have my tix already but unfortuntly due to the holidays i have to go home after the show even though i live about 75 miles away. i can't wait to hear some of the older stuff! this is going to be a great show. it'll be great to see you all there!

disilluzion
O'Jeezer

Post by disilluzion »

My old lady and I will be there weather pending...not sure about the hotel, that may depend on the weather as well

norma023
O'Jeezer

Re: First Avenue Roll Call

Post by norma023 »

I'll be there, and this news is awesome! :D
Monolith Maniac wrote: Benny also told me that the band is rehearsing some of their older material for the show, so look forward to hearing a new setlist of some of their older songs.
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

I'll be there, but I already have a hotel reservation.

I'm very excited to see what they pull out for older material! Of course, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for "Stranger" or "Nice Guys."
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

rockinbrian
Inmate

Post by rockinbrian »

Me and my wife will be driving up from Milwaukee. Staying at the Radisson which is only about a block away. Will be going to the Loon Cafe before the Show for dinner and drinks. Loon is also within walking distance from 1st Ave. Looking forward to the show and the special T-shirt for the show.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Rebel Yell5 wrote:Hey Jim it is Scott. I Met you at Potowatomi. We keep running into each other. mY girlfriend Traci and i are already staying at a room less than a mile from First Avenue. I can't wait for the show! Hey we will find you all there!
I'll be there, but I live in the NW suburbs, so no need for a hotel!

Hey, Scott! It's Tracy! I'll be there with Kelly (the one who thought your Traci was me at the Potowatomi show). Have a safe drive!

Rebel Yell5
Runaway

Post by Rebel Yell5 »

PROMISESBROKEN wrote:
Rebel Yell5 wrote:Hey Jim it is Scott. I Met you at Potowatomi. We keep running into each other. mY girlfriend Traci and i are already staying at a room less than a mile from First Avenue. I can't wait for the show! Hey we will find you all there!
I'll be there, but I live in the NW suburbs, so no need for a hotel!

Hey, Scott! It's Tracy! I'll be there with Kelly (the one who thought your Traci was me at the Potowatomi show). Have a safe drive!
Of course I remember you ladies! Hey we will look for you at the show for sure! Nice to hear from you! We are staying at the Hyatt, it is about a 1/2 a mile away from First Avenue!
See You Later