Interesting Soul Asylum articles

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Kradokk
Runaway

Interesting Soul Asylum articles

Post by Kradokk »

Never heard of this blog before, but I really enjoyed reading his posts about the band. As someone who didn't get a chance to know the band before GDU, its fantastic to get more info and perspective on the older stuff.

http://www.adioslounge.com/search/label/Soul%20Asylum

There is quite a bit to read and listen to there, so take your time. Enjoy yourself.

Joe

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: Interesting Soul Asylum articles

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Thanks for sharing that! The reverse-engineered James at 16 (Heavy Medley) is cool. Also, I never knew there was a reality behind this line:

" And The Horse They Rode In On is probably the band's best album, but it was roundly ignored upon its release in 1990, and A&M dropped them to focus on Soundgarden ("It's louder than love, but I don't think they know what it means")." I didn't know that Louder Than Love was one of SG's album titles.

The old vs. new Soul Asylum debate has been had on this board and on the old OJeez board and it is tiring to again reread that stuff... but the contextual info contained in those posts is illuminating.

-Rob

Kradokk
Runaway

Post by Kradokk »

I knew that was the title of Soundgarden's major label debut, but never got that the two might be linked. I really enjoyed that tidbit.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Yaz McBoo wrote:Thanks for sharing that! The reverse-engineered James at 16 (Heavy Medley) is cool.
I did the same thing a couple years ago... I didn't think it was worth posting (i.e. people wouldn't care, would sound stupid).

Anyways, I recall it sounded "somewhat" similar, but I can't find my file... looked for it the past few days. Now of course that I'd at least like to hear it; no luck. :(
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

It does sound a bit awkward, but it's cool. Please, do share any weird off-the-wall stuff like that that you might have! You can do the Hoot Medley from the Siberia if you want...

-Rob