[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - Dan's status with the band
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Dan's status with the band 
Inmate

Thank you Travis. I'm not completely relieved but a LITTLE better, at least it doesn't sound like a health issue. I wonder how soon is soon. This is very upsetting.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:33 pm
Inmate

They had to have known there would be questions about this at some point. Surprised they didn't have a statement ready to go.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 pm
Inmate

I was mighty surprised to see that I'd posted a thread! ;)

As others have said, "...we'll be in touch shortly with more info" doesn't sound like "Dan's still a full-time member and couldn't make Spain 'cause of an emergency root canal/his cousin's kid's christening/illness in the family".

Unfortunately, it sounds much more like "Dan's no longer with the band/Dan's pulling a Bun E. Carlos and recording albums, but not touring anymore." I'll be bummed if that's the case, but I'll just have to hope he tours with Golden Smog or another outfit.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:16 pm
Inmate

My first response was "Okey dokey" 'cause I'm not really sure what it "sounds like."

From what I understand, Mr. Carlos had back problems for quite some time and everyone kind of saw that one coming.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 pm
Inmate

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm
Inmate

WOW-I just thought a few minutes ago...I'll check out SA's site to see about any new shows....saw a Milwaukee one, and then this!??!

I hate to say it, but many of the bands I am into and see live don't have all their members. And, most of the time's it is not due to health, or death. They've carried on. I hate to see it, but it happens.

My initial thought is that they don't play much live as it is, so I am curious to learn what's up......

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm
Inmate

All i can say is if Dan isnt in the band anymore thats fine im happy for him he might not enjoy it anymore or he might not be making that much money out of being in the band as little as they tour.but if Dave carry's on SA ill see them anytime they are within 200 miles of me.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 pm
Inmate

i dont know who you are guy, but thanks for pulling the rug out from under me. i dig that rug, and you're a thief. and i'm not shooting the messenger, i just don't think it's polite to try and make us feel like "our band" is holding out on us....he actually said "you deserve better than this." that is some hooey. if one of my worst fears is true, i would never tell danny or anyone else that they did me wrong. like has been said, if it's what's best for him, then more power to him. in a way. but also...damn it! i love me some murphy. i hope this is all a fabrication of the worst kind and we can all laugh at this. Soon. I hope the official announcement of "proceed to laugh. then still be laughing." is coming soonly.
everything is going to be okay. just breathe. then laugh.

and tomorrow, i hope you will still be laughing.

Last edited by LuckyLittleGirl on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:12 pm
Inmate

and I would go see 'the Dave Pirner Band' anytime, anywhere.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:15 pm
Inmate

I am with lucky! In a box with a fox, on a train in the rain. And hey a Milwaukee show! I <3 pottawamani. Part a want of me wants to here.... Who else wants to go?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next