A message from Dan Murphy

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
marionette
Runaway

Re: A message from Dan Murphy

Post by marionette »

Thank you! :D :D :D

intothelight
Brand New Shine

Post by intothelight »

Dan,

Congratulations to you for making this huge change! What you, Dave, and Karl did three decades ago was amazing and the fact that you carried on through so much is admirable indeed!

Thank you for all that you gave us! We (your fans!) are extraordinarily grateful and I am blessed to have been able to see you this summer at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC! I have been a fan since a friend recommended "Hang Time" to me in the late 80s - still remaining a classic album!

But Soul Asylum's music has made its way into other parts of my life, as well. I happen to be wearing my concert t-shirt from this summer's gig right now and my wife and I selected "Into the Light" as our recessional song at our wedding just a few weeks ago! "...the best day ever just got better, it gets better still!" Are you kidding me?! Great lyrics!!!

Thanks again, Dan, for all you have given of yourself! You have worked to add meaning, beauty, and excitement to countless lives! Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors!

PS - Great fuggin photo!

Alexander Butler
Stranger

Post by Alexander Butler »

Sad to hear this, but I can understand. You're half the sound of the band, at least... won't be the same without you.

topiratti
Inmate

Post by topiratti »

sad to see you go, i have been a fan of SA since 1993, and have always wanted to see SA live, almost had the chance in 2011, sadly was not able to make the show, but did have the ticket, I was hoping to finally see SA again in 2012, but again unable too. Hope to see you one day, and SA too.

Have a wonderful life ^^
Image are of baby rats my female gave birth too ;D

Cordelia
Caged Rat

Post by Cordelia »

I will miss Dan very much.
He was always a great part of Soul Asylum.

For the future I wish the best, Dan!
Many Greetings from Germany
yours Cordelia