Dave Pirner confirms new Soul Asylum album!

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Dave Pirner confirms new Soul Asylum album!

Post by TravisSaves »

Dave Pirner confirms that the new Soul Asylum album is almost done! The interview can be seen and heard here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsrKpf1KTXc[/youtube]

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Dave Pirner confirms new Soul Asylum album!

Post by Monolith Maniac »

One word...

AWESOME!

Wow, definitely wasn't expecting an answer coming THAT quick. Although when you're waiting 6+ years between albums, an answer 8 months after the last one definitely makes up for it. Still, you got to factor everything else that goes into it, until one is released. ;)

Whatever the case may be, very excited to hear that from Dave. Seems like a lot of progression has been going on these past months with the guys, amongst all the shows, interviews, and with all the time in the studio they've been in.

Okay, that was more than one word.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

Exciting!!!!!!!
(OK do we start a new thread where we speculate how soon an 'almost done' album will actually get released??? I think i'm getting the hang of being around for new album releases now on this board ; )
i'm going to guess spring 2014.

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

Yes,
not only how soon will it be released, but it's a question of new songs or is it the cover song project that they've been talking about. I'd prefer new, but either would be good.

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Whatever it may be...with the overall consensus that the shows have been great and now with news of a new record...so glad Soul Asylum is carrying on! Much better than the alternative (early demise) suggested by some just a few months ago!

Great job, Mr. Pirner, and Love Live Rock! :P

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

The new guy is playing a left handed guitar... I never noticed before.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I heard that live on the air Monday and just thought, "Yeeeeahhhhhh OKAY, I'll believe it when I see it."

I mean, it's great news regardless, but Delayed Reaction was "almost done" three years ago. I'm sure that whatever they've got going is something to definitely be excited about, but I think it's going to be a little while before we see anything from it.

Of course, with the new guys and all the increased productivity, I suppose anything's possible.

I just think that announcing a record as "almost done" this soon after Delayed Reaction means that there isn't going to be much all-new material on it and it'll be more re-hashed old tunes and maybe some of the punk covers. And I'm not even saying that because of their track record with albums, I'm saying that because this can't possibly have been in the works for more than 6 months tops, and not even the hottest, highest paid acts today can finish an album that quickly.

But anyway, all Debbie Downer-ing aside, this is exciting news and whatever this project consists of, I'm on board and ready to hear what they've got. :D

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

It is certainly good news!!!

Taking into consideration that the last 2 albums were released during summer and the fact that, in my opinion, 1 year is the minimum distance between 2 albums, i would say that...the album will come to us in late July-August 2013!!!

The new form of SA needs to make a relationship with us and a new album is the best way to do this. So I definitely expect a new album in 2013.

mrrogersnghbor
Lone Rider

Post by mrrogersnghbor »

A co-worker of mine works at the studio that Soul Asylum recorded at in Minneapolis. They had two weeks reserved in late January, early February. Excited to hear that this has been confirmed.

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

This is a great move for the band! First, a proper tour, and not just scattered dates, and now new tunes with the new lineup. Dave rules!!!