Michael Bland injury?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
madetobebroken
Stranger

Michael Bland injury?

Post by madetobebroken »

Does anyone have the details about what happened to the drummer? They played in Tucson last week, then the next night in Phoenix he couldn't make the show due to injury. And now it seems they have a fill in drummer. Hope he will be ok in the long run.

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Re: Michael Bland injury?

Post by Dave4Prez »

madetobebroken wrote:Does anyone have the details about what happened to the drummer? They played in Tucson last week, then the next night in Phoenix he couldn't make the show due to injury. And now it seems they have a fill in drummer. Hope he will be ok in the long run.
Before they played "Without a Trace" here in Phoenix - Dave did his usual tribute to Karl then said "And Michael....we'll get to him later". A few songs later, I asked him about Michael again (I was front and center, of course!) and he said "Michael fucked up his leg real bad".

The acoustic set was great. I heard some songs I have never heard live. At one point when the whole crowd was singing every word of every song (new and old), he said "Where have you people been all my life?" LOL.

Unfortunately Dave did seem a bit bummed and I noticed he had a pretty big red mark in one of his baby blues but it was still awesome to be with him.

Long live Soul Asylum!

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

Found this on Soul Asylum's FB page:

Michael Bland
hey all- doing much better. in mpls, recuperating. had a mysterious case of cellulitis on my lower left leg. just doing what i need to in order to get well and move on. thanks for all the cyber love- see you soon!! M.B.

catnip
Lone Rider

Post by catnip »

Not so mysterious for someone of Michael's size. Cellutitis is one of the chief symptoms of undiagnosed diabetes. Michael, please try to get your weight under control so you can live a long and healthy life!