The LP tour!!

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: The LP tour!!

Post by AlyssaJones »

An LP is a "long play" or full-length album. (An EP is "extended play", or a short album of 6 or 7 songs). This tour is four LP's being played in a row.

TANEYTOWN
Marionette

Post by TANEYTOWN »

Awful idea. Move on from that cd already!

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Move on? They've only done it once.

TANEYTOWN
Marionette

Post by TANEYTOWN »

That was plenty. It's a tired album. I'd rather see new stuff than always living in the past.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Except they are not "always living in the past." They've been playing plenty of stuff from the latest album the last couple years. This is a one-time-only tour, and it comes with the prospect of brand new tunes being debuted as well.

madetobebroken
Stranger

Post by madetobebroken »

Looks like there's supposed to be a show at Target Field on July 26th as well - withe the gear daddies rather than the wailers

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

I dunno I'm a long time fan and I would love to see all of GDU performed and I think this is sort of a one time opportunity for that. It seems crazy to me that 20 years have gone by that fast though. How can GDU be 20 years old?!

I am also pretty happy with still being able to see Soul Asylum, I thought the shows I went to in Feb were great. Of course it's not the same, nothing ever is. But I think sometimes people dwell too much on "the good old days" abd torget to appreciate the now. From my view point - I can still go see SA and they seem to be touring a lot more with this new line up. So yeah, no complaints here :)

Ok maybe one ;) I am a bit disappointed with the limited dates of the LP tour though, wish there was a closer show to me. They're all 8+ hours away :/ So I'm trying to decide between traveling to one of the free shows or to one of the LP tour shows this summer.

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Post by Judgmental Patient »

jorgea wrote:I agree that the band is not the same old one without all the members.
Yeah, seeing this group play GDU isn't all that interesting to me. Now, if Dave and Winston got Dan and Sterling on board, THAT I would pay a lot of money to see. But since Dave and Mike are BFFs now, that ain't gonna happen. Looking forward to new material.
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

madetobebroken wrote:Looks like there's supposed to be a show at Target Field on July 26th as well - withe the gear daddies rather than the wailers
yepper!!

Already a thread started for it too!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1724

:mrgreen:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Post by Judgmental Patient »

I wasn't feeling too bad about missing this until I saw them on Wednesday and they played a bunch of GDU songs I'd never heard live before, and just knocked them out of the park. Now I really wish I'd caught it.
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more