Delayed Reaction CD art

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
harlan07
Runaway

Delayed Reaction CD art

Post by harlan07 »

Took my daughter to City Park in New Orleans today and came across this in "Storyland" which bears close resemblance to the art on the Delayed Reaction CD.

Been walking past it for years but never made the connection till today.
Last edited by harlan07 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harlan07
Runaway

Re: Delayed Reaction CD art

Post by harlan07 »

And here's the CD art. Yeah, now that I compare them side by side they are more than similar lol

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

harlan07 wrote:which bears close resemblance to the art on the Delayed Reaction CD.
That's because it is the exact same one. I made a quick post about it a couple months back when I asked Dave what/where it was.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1530
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hi guys! Long time no see :)
I know this isn't the topic for this, but I've seached ans searched and gave it up. Forgive me for possible misposting :)
I have a question. If anyone remembers, there was someone here, a „regular“member and visitor of ETSA who said that he had the cover of the Grave Dancers’ Union album enlarged and hung it on the wall as a poster. And then made copies of it for friends. Ok, I wanna do the same thing. So please, if he or anyone else can tell me, how can I do this? Should I take the album cover to some sort of a print/copy shop and have them enlarge it and print it out? I mean, I know the cover is a photograph made by Jan Saudek, but I’ve looked for his book in the libraries and bookstores here in Croatia, but with no luck. So anyone, help? :) Is it possible to make a big poster from an album cover and retain the quality of the photograph? Thank you! :)

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Post by Judgmental Patient »

spodiba wrote:Hi guys! Long time no see :)
I know this isn't the topic for this, but I've seached ans searched and gave it up. Forgive me for possible misposting :)
I have a question. If anyone remembers, there was someone here, a „regular“member and visitor of ETSA who said that he had the cover of the Grave Dancers’ Union album enlarged and hung it on the wall as a poster. And then made copies of it for friends. Ok, I wanna do the same thing. So please, if he or anyone else can tell me, how can I do this? Should I take the album cover to some sort of a print/copy shop and have them enlarge it and print it out? I mean, I know the cover is a photograph made by Jan Saudek, but I’ve looked for his book in the libraries and bookstores here in Croatia, but with no luck. So anyone, help? :) Is it possible to make a big poster from an album cover and retain the quality of the photograph? Thank you! :)
It hangs above my fireplace. I bought it on ebay.
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Aha :) ok, thank you :)