SA on Pandora

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
g8trcarol
Caged Rat

SA on Pandora

Post by g8trcarol »

Has anyone checked out Pandora.com? You can create your own radio station. I've had pretty good luck getting SA songs, even from The Silver Lining. It's also a good way to become familiar with artists that have a similiar style or sound. My students have me hooked on it!

Peace,
Carol

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I used to listen to Pandora... until they shut off their service to everyone outside of the U.S. Tough luck.

From what I remember, though, they didn't even have Soul Asylum's entire discography there. Is that still the case? Heard any Made To Be Broken or Say What You Will yet?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

g8trcarol
Caged Rat

Post by g8trcarol »

Nope, but I did hear three songs off of The Silver Lining and a couple off of Grave Dancers Union. Honestly, I didn't listen long enough to cycle around to much more than that...since the whole concept is to build a station of various artists of a similiar genre and sound. Now, my range is pretty broad, so in order for me to be happy, I need to "create" a bunch of stations depending on my mood. Since I work in a different kind of environment than most (trapped in a room with a dozen plus juvenile delinquents who thrive on gangster rap), I don't typically get to listen to what I want to unless I'm home (and then I have to duke it out with my teenagers, one of whom creates beats on my computer). So, has anyone else heard more?