Soulasylum.com Update

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
ukfan029
Stranger

Soulasylum.com Update

Post by ukfan029 »

Looks like the site has been updated, very cool stuff.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: Soulasylum.com Update

Post by EasyStreet »

Hmmm, that is a nice upgrade to their site! I find this particular comment promising myself!

One thing of note is that annoying ad that pops up when navigating to a different page, every time. Really ?!?

Finishing Album
January 15, 2014 - January 15, 2014

I’m sure a lot of you have noticed that we are not currently on the road. We have taken a short break from traveling to wrap up the next full length album. Please check back here soon for a spring tour announcement!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Justin
Lone Rider

Post by Justin »

EasyStreet wrote: One thing of note is that annoying ad that pops up when navigating to a different page, every time. Really ?!?
I thought I'd stop over here for a minute. I'm not really sure what ads you are referring to. We don't have any ads on our site.

That said, this forum has a ton of spam. Bummer.

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

The new site is amazing!!! Congratulatios!!! This forum, despite the spam-attack, is also great! No need for disagreements and bad moments between us!!!

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Justin, thanks for jumping in on this thread!

That computer I was using at the time I have since found out has a virus on it, so I'm in the process of getting that taken care of. But I've gone to the new SA site on a couple of other computers and there are not any ads. So thanks again!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

jludes
Marionette

Post by jludes »

Yeah, the new offical SA site is definitely an upgrade . . . no ads or pop ups. Nowadays, random pop ups when navigating LEGIT websites are usually an indication of something being awry on the user end system, not the website itself.
-j

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Justin wrote:That said, this forum has a ton of spam. Bummer.
Yeah, it tends to get attacked by spam bots at like 2 o'clock every morning and Jim deletes it as soon as he can. It used to be sporadic, but now it's every night. :(

The only option to deal with it is to update the forum, which can be done, but it's going to take some work. Hopefully we can get it fixed by the new year and in time for the new stuff and upcoming tour dates.

Good luck with everything you guys are working on, and thanks for stopping by. :)