New Album News!

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
lampros
Caged Rat

Re: New Album News!

Post by lampros »

summerland tour's first date is on June 13.
So the new album will be released earlier!!!

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

thats what im thinking after everybody was complaining about hearing all the songs on delayed reaction before it came out im pretty sure there making sure to release this new album with all new material with no leaks.... cant wait to hear the new stuff and to see how it sounds without Dan not being on this album . but not holding my breath cause we all know how long it takes for them to release a date for it to come out....still waiting for the rest of no fun intended....always hopes up...is right. cant wait for the summerland tour thoe be at the Cleveland date ill be!!! rock on

philgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philgar »

nikkip wrote:Maybe the new songs are a surprise since people were disappointed that Delayed Reaction was pretty much all songs they already knew?
If they decide to recycle freak accident for the next album I know a lot of people who would be happy!

Phil

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

philgar wrote:
nikkip wrote:Maybe the new songs are a surprise since people were disappointed that Delayed Reaction was pretty much all songs they already knew?
If they decide to recycle freak accident for the next album I know a lot of people who would be happy!

Phil
OMG ME!!! One of my favorite songs for sure and I have only ever heard one so-so bootleg of it (I'm guessing that's all there is? If there's other versions...please point me to them :) ). I would so, so love for that song to be in the setlist rotation.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I'd like an official release of "Freak Accident."

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

nikkip wrote:
OMG ME!!! One of my favorite songs for sure and I have only ever heard one so-so bootleg of it (I'm guessing that's all there is? If there's other versions...please point me to them :) ). I would so, so love for that song to be in the setlist rotation.
There's at least two audience tapes of shows with this song. The tape from the Fine Line March 28, 2001 actually sounds really good, I think. The other show, not so much.

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

Yaz McBoo wrote:
nikkip wrote:
There's at least two audience tapes of shows with this song. The tape from the Fine Line March 28, 2001 actually sounds really good, I think. The other show, not so much.
Any idea of where I might find the Fine Line one? I don't think that's the one I have.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

It's a very nice song, but I already have it... already know it... already heard it enough times... I personally wouldn't care to hear some pimped up studio version like the way they did for "I Should Have Stayed In Bed" and "By the Way". It wouldn't add much anyway.

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

i just heard ''freak accident''. cool!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuLhkYhQkFE
i want a new album...the day before yesterday!!!

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »