View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:25 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Delayed Reaction best buy bonus tracks 
Author Message
Marionette

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:41 am
Posts: 5
I shelled out for the bonus track version of this album once I realized it existed last week, and now that it's arrived, I find track 14, "Good Morning Good Morning" to be really scratchy. It does it on my stereo, on my PC, and if I rip an mp3 it sounds the same. I would say it's faulty for sure, except that the scratches all seem to go to the beat of the music. So it may be intentional. But personally I think it sounds like crap. Is this normal? Surely a lot of you have this edition and confirm whether your version is scratchy. None of the other bonus tracks sound like this.


Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:47 pm
Profile
Inmate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:49 pm
Posts: 423
Location: NY
<<< But personally I think it sounds like crap.>>>

Nothing wrong with the sound, that's the song itself. Easily the worst thing they've ever recorded!!


Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:55 am
Profile
Marionette

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:41 am
Posts: 5
Perhaps. But are the scratches part of the recording? Or is my disc faulty?


Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:58 am
Profile
The Judge
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 989
Location: NW Chicago Suburbs
You're not alone, all Best Buy copies of the disc are that way, something went wrong with the production when they just threw that song on there.

Actually the clipping/popping is not supposed to be there, I even made mention of it on the song's page on the site. The album in which it was originally released on doesn't contain the clipping (unless it was accidentally omitted).

In my opinion, this song with the constant popping just makes one of their crappiest recorded songs (although a cover) even crappier.

If you want a copy without the clipping I can gladly send it to you. :P

_________________
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com


Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Marionette

Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:41 am
Posts: 5
Monolith Maniac wrote:
You're not alone, all Best Buy copies of the disc are that way, something went wrong with the production when they just threw that song on there.

Actually the clipping/popping is not supposed to be there, I even made mention of it on the song's page on the site. The album in which it was originally released on doesn't contain the clipping (unless it was accidentally omitted).

In my opinion, this song with the constant popping just makes one of their crappiest recorded songs (although a cover) even crappier.

If you want a copy without the clipping I can gladly send it to you. :P


That would be wonderful!

And yeah, I should have checked the song page...


Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:59 pm
Profile
The Judge
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 989
Location: NW Chicago Suburbs
seventieslord wrote:
Monolith Maniac wrote:
You're not alone, all Best Buy copies of the disc are that way, something went wrong with the production when they just threw that song on there.

Actually the clipping/popping is not supposed to be there, I even made mention of it on the song's page on the site. The album in which it was originally released on doesn't contain the clipping (unless it was accidentally omitted).

In my opinion, this song with the constant popping just makes one of their crappiest recorded songs (although a cover) even crappier.

If you want a copy without the clipping I can gladly send it to you. :P


That would be wonderful!

And yeah, I should have checked the song page...


Sent; check your inbox with the email you signed up with. :)

_________________
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com


Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Inmate
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:58 pm
Posts: 187
I thought it was supposed to sound that way. I think it would be consistant with Soul Asylum's sense of humor to intentionally make it sound like an old recording. I have some old recordings from that era that really do sound like an unexaggerated version of it sound-wise. Also, the ad-libs at the end are pretty funny too if you listen carefully so I guess I just thought there was supposed to be a dose of SA humor in the whole thing.


Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 pm
Profile
Inmate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 79
Location: St. Cloud, Mn
:mrgreen: I think it is actually cheaper w/bonus tracks than regular one at Best Buy.


Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:44 pm
Profile
The Judge
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 989
Location: NW Chicago Suburbs
OneLovedBand wrote:
I thought it was supposed to sound that way. I think it would be consistant with Soul Asylum's sense of humor to intentionally make it sound like an old recording. I have some old recordings from that era that really do sound like an unexaggerated version of it sound-wise.


Yeah, I could see them actually doing it intentionally with their sense of humor, but the whole thing was made for a Beatles compilation featuring artists from Minnesota, so I think it was more of a "serious" thing.

OneLovedBand wrote:
Also, the ad-libs at the end are pretty funny too if you listen carefully so I guess I just thought there was supposed to be a dose of SA humor in the whole thing.


Another funny Beatles ad-lib related to Soul Asylum is in Put the Bone In... at the end Dan says:

I'd like to thank the group... on behalf of ourselves. I'm sure we flunked the audition.

At the end of The Beatles song "Get Back" John Lennon says:

Thanks, Mo [Ringo Starr's wife Maureen]… on behalf of the group I hope we passed the audition

Kind of reminds me of the back of the Clam Dip cover. :P

_________________
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com


Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.