[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - Delayed Reaction best buy bonus tracks
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Delayed Reaction best buy bonus tracks 
Marionette

I shelled out for the bonus track version of this album once I realized it existed last week, and now that it's arrived, I find track 14, "Good Morning Good Morning" to be really scratchy. It does it on my stereo, on my PC, and if I rip an mp3 it sounds the same. I would say it's faulty for sure, except that the scratches all seem to go to the beat of the music. So it may be intentional. But personally I think it sounds like crap. Is this normal? Surely a lot of you have this edition and confirm whether your version is scratchy. None of the other bonus tracks sound like this.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:47 pm
Inmate

<<< But personally I think it sounds like crap.>>>

Nothing wrong with the sound, that's the song itself. Easily the worst thing they've ever recorded!!

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:55 am
Marionette

Perhaps. But are the scratches part of the recording? Or is my disc faulty?

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:58 am
The Judge

You're not alone, all Best Buy copies of the disc are that way, something went wrong with the production when they just threw that song on there.

Actually the clipping/popping is not supposed to be there, I even made mention of it on the on the site. The album in which it was doesn't contain the clipping (unless it was accidentally omitted).

In my opinion, this song with the constant popping just makes one of their crappiest recorded songs (although a cover) even crappier.

If you want a copy without the clipping I can gladly send it to you. :P

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Marionette

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:59 pm
The Judge

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

I thought it was supposed to sound that way. I think it would be consistant with Soul Asylum's sense of humor to intentionally make it sound like an old recording. I have some old recordings from that era that really do sound like an unexaggerated version of it sound-wise. Also, the ad-libs at the end are pretty funny too if you listen carefully so I guess I just thought there was supposed to be a dose of SA humor in the whole thing.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 pm
Inmate

:mrgreen: I think it is actually cheaper w/bonus tracks than regular one at Best Buy.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:44 pm
The Judge

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]