Soul Asylum Teams Up With PledgeMusic

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
foureyedsometimes
Runaway

Soul Asylum Teams Up With PledgeMusic

Post by foureyedsometimes »

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/soulasylum

Bit expensive, especially for the UK, but good news all the same.
Can't put a square peg in a hole that's round.....

sum
Stranger

Re: New LP available to order on Pledge music

Post by sum »

yeah but did you see you can buy guest list spot for life??

sum
Stranger

Post by sum »

if someone could spot me like $2,000 that would be greeeeat

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

What is guest list spot? I didn't scroll all the way down (on phone only). Super excited thiugh!! Kinda want the signed lyrics option

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

zany wrote:What is guest list spot? I didn't scroll all the way down (on phone only). Super excited thiugh!! Kinda want the signed lyrics option
For $2500 you can have access to any SA show for life. Wish I could do that one!

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Ordered the basic $15 package. With no title and no release date, when do you think we'll see it? I'm gonna guess end of summer at the earliest.

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

The Guest List thing sounds appealing, but is a bit vague for my tastes.

For example, would the tour they did w/ Fountains of WAyne count? Technically they weren't the headliners.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

Thanks!!! Sounds interesting. But considering all 5 ish of the shoes I've seen have been free ,, (Shows not shoes!)

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Yeah, I will buy it when it's in store.

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

The guest list for life, and VIP packages would be really tempting if one had that kind of funds to blow on a few golden moments in their presence, but I can't afford that kind of splurge, especially since I really don't get to go to very many shows at all anymore, AND there's no telling how many live shows there will ever be going forward.

At this point I can't say that I'm all that thrilled about this "pay to meet us" idea. I mean, I get that they really need the additional revenue source at this stage in their career, as a funding source for this latest album because of their current place the current music industry climate. but, at the same time, if this "pay to meet us" new feature means that Dave will no longer be randomly coming out after some shows to meet the di-hard fans(pretty much necessary in order to make the paid Meet & Greets worth their asking price), relegating that opportunity only to those wealthy enough to pay for it in far in advance, then I def can't appreciate it.
If Dave continues to occasionally pop out to say "Hi!" to fans after shows, then I can fully get behind offering the additional expensive guaranteed opportunity to pre-purchase meet & greets during this promotion.

At any rate, I AM happy to see them embracing online promotions finally. I just hope that it's not too late. I fear that if there isn't enough participation, it will be a disappointing let-down, but if something like this had been done a cpl of decades ago, it would have kept them much more commercially successful(Although, I get that Dave is probably just as happy to not be as wildly famous & popular as he was during the mid 90s, at the same time, it might have been better to have striven to retain a bit more of that huge 90s fan base). At this point, I would be MUCH happier to see a less expensive offer to buy a guaranteed Meet & Greet opportunity offered exclusively to the dedicated fans who have stuck by them all this time, such as all of us here on this fan site.
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner