New Songs (spoiler alert)

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Re: New Songs (spoiler alert)

Post by triumph3434 »

I would like new music...

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Yaz McBoo wrote:Seems like the new-new material will be pretty good but I will definitely be playing (I'm still calling it) Hallowed Ground a lot, and if Direction or Freak Accident came out, I'd be playing their studio takes a ton too. It would be like night and day comparing them with audience recordings. Again, the thing with the last record is that there already were studio/official live takes of those songs. That doesn't appear to be the case with the upcoming record.
Yeah, that's true. I guess the reason why I was a bit surprised is because we don't get as many new SA albums as back in the day when they were releasing albums every two years. So therefore I prefer to hear as much new music as possible, because this might be the last album we will get from this band. That's why Delayed Reaction was such a disappointment for me, but I suppose it's different for everyone.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

EasyStreet wrote: I like how the few people posting here are tape traders, and ones that I remember from the old days.

But anyway, thanks for posting the link which gave us something to talk about for for a few pages
;)
Tape trading... good times. Yes, the digital world has made for some nice connections that I am happy to have but there was something else about the trading community.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I didn't do much tape trading; I benefited from some kind traders who would send me a tape once in a while, but in the 90s it was a fun way for a new fan to learn about the older shows.