New Songs (spoiler alert)

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
missthisgone
Inmate

Re: New Songs (spoiler alert)

Post by missthisgone »

listen to me here guys DEALING- has alot of the same lyrics as What were dealing with...i am not saying its the same EXACT damn song, just that he used some things from it (WHICH HE IS MORE THAN ENTITLED TO, of course!)

and DOOMSDAY is very much like hallowed ground

but who the hell cares ? lets all go out and by the album and enjoy it like we always do

i feel like people are acting like i don't know what i am talking about here

remeber "when you point the finger, do you often find it pointing back at you?" LOL

goodnight all

Lance

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

This will Really be the first album without Dan's Influence correct?

I always wonder on some of the guitar driven melodies, who did what during the writing process? Dave or Dan?

Who came up with the guitar for Oxygen? Cartoon? Black gold? No intro like that on the new samples.

It will be interesting to see /hear.

Atticusdog
Runaway

Post by Atticusdog »

Go Lance!

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

triumph3434 wrote:This will Really be the first album without Dan's Influence correct?

I always wonder on some of the guitar driven melodies, who did what during the writing process? Dave or Dan?

Who came up with the guitar for Oxygen? Cartoon? Black gold? No intro like that on the new samples.

It will be interesting to see /hear.
Cartoon was written by Dan so I'm sure that one was all him. The songs where only Dave gets credit are most likely his ideas... perhaps Dan would give his own spin on it, that's how it goes in a band, but it's coming from Dave's songwriting and his idea, otherwise he shouldn't get full songwriting credit... that's usually how it goes.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

missthisgone wrote:listen to me here guys DEALING- has alot of the same lyrics as What were dealing with...i am not saying its the same EXACT damn song, just that he used some things from it (WHICH HE IS MORE THAN ENTITLED TO, of course!)

and DOOMSDAY is very much like hallowed ground

but who the hell cares ? lets all go out and by the album and enjoy it like we always do

i feel like people are acting like i don't know what i am talking about here

remeber "when you point the finger, do you often find it pointing back at you?" LOL

goodnight all

Lance
I was agreeing with you from the get-go!!! At least for Doomsday/Hallowed Ground, which rocks!! I hadn't listened to Dealing.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Okay now I've done it. The only lyrics I hear from the Dealing clip are

"Every body knows, anything goes, we are only try-"

None of which appears in this site's lyrics for "What We're Dealing With."

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

i know rob ! we are buds man LOL

the clip that it let me play the other night , it rolled on for over a minute, it featured the lyrics, "when you look in the mirror, etc...." they he sang "this is what were dealing with"

i swear on a bible or all things that are holy !! that must be why people dont believe it, becuase its not playing that length anymore. At the start of the track it didnt sound like what were dealing with at all, until it got to the part that featured those lyrics.

it all makes sense to me now,

its what we get for snooping it too eary on the new album, i suppose....

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

wow, i feel really fortunate that i was able to hear so much of dealing ! now it cuts off only 15 seconds into it....

i apologize to any of the non believers that thought it wasnt "what we're dealing with" , if all i had to go on is what is up there now, i wouldn't believe me either LOL.

perhaps i am waay to much of a nerd on my music....i dunno

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

OK, that makes sense, thanks Lance for clarifying!

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

missthisgone wrote: i am curious if goodbye la is going to be goodbye minneapolis....hmmm
Not seeing this one, did they remove it?

I'm with Yaz in thinking that Dealing is not the same song as "What We're Dealing With." Or at least not from the current 15-20 sec clip that is on there now

I like how the few people posting here are tape traders, and ones that I remember from the old days.

But anyway, thanks for posting the link which gave us something to talk about for for a few pages
;)
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.