Anyone Playing Out????

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
SeeYouLaterAlligator
Stranger

Anyone Playing Out????

Post by SeeYouLaterAlligator »

Is anyone on the site playing out these days? My side project Broadkaster has been playing the song Faces and Names to much fanfare at our coffee shop shows.

I am even playing a J-200 like Dave these days (but an epiphone - not the big money gibson he plays). It is a sweet sounding guitar, and playing SA songs on it is an extra rush.

Charles

matrok
Runaway

Post by matrok »

I am on a bit of a hiatus due to our singer going on the road as a backup singer for Kid Rock.

I also play at church, a non-denominational that uses all kinds of music in the services depending on how they may relate to the topic. I've been looking for a way to get an SA song into one of them.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

matrok wrote:I also play at church, a non-denominational that uses all kinds of music in the services depending on how they may relate to the topic. I've been looking for a way to get an SA song into one of them.
Then you might want to check this out: A Prayer for the Lost and Broken. It's a "scripture-song worship experience" that I found completely at random while searching the web a few weeks ago. Think it might be something for you?

matrok
Runaway

Post by matrok »

Thanks, that is very cool. I don't have any influence on service topics, but can suggest songs for the "prelude" which opens the service. I've been watching for opportunities there.

They are pretty open to music used in the services. This week one of the songs is XTC's "Dear God" which is not exactly a flattering song to be used in church, but fits the topic.