[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - Candy From A Stranger - 10 Year Anniversary
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Candy From A Stranger - 10 Year Anniversary 
Marionette

Apart from hearing 'I will still be laughing' on the radio. I had never listened to 'Candy from a Stranger' until April of last year. That was about 2 or 3 weeks before I saw them play in Baton Rouge, LA.

The album grew on me, and I like listening to it as a whole. I do think that it was a mistake to release 'close' as a follow up single to 'laughing' because there are a number of better tracks on the album.

Thinking back on it, I had had 'Candy' on my computer for about 6 months prior to listening to it in it's entirety. I had listened to "the game" because I read that it was supposed to be the best SA song ever...(it's not). I also heard 'lies of hate' on shuffle one time and liked that a decent bit.

Does anyone know why "losin' it" and the song "Candy from a Stranger" didn't make it on the album?

-Jamie

Sat May 17, 2008 11:31 am
Inmate

Sat May 17, 2008 12:12 pm
Inmate

Supposedly a bunch of the songs that were left off the record were rejected by the record company in 1997. So essentially they re-did the album. Some of the rejects were frequently played live in 97 - Losin It, Candy, Black Star. ... Lucky One and Lonely For you would also have been good candidates.

-Rob

Sat May 17, 2008 3:40 pm
O'Jeezer

Sat May 17, 2008 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

Sat May 17, 2008 6:17 pm
Inmate

You know, I don't think The Break would have fit on Grave Dancer's Union at all.

Sun May 18, 2008 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

Seeing as Grave Dancers Union was supposed to be an acoustic album at first, I think it fits in more than April Fool, but I don't know... I just like the vocal melody of the verse a lot and it's a fun song.

Sun May 18, 2008 4:56 pm
Inmate

Well, I'm glad it didn't end up being acoustic- the intro of Somebody to Shove is my favorite part of any song, ever.

Mon May 19, 2008 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Marionette

Is there a studio version of "Blackstar" floating around anywhere?
-Jamie

Mon May 19, 2008 7:09 am
Inmate

Mon May 19, 2008 7:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next