Chatroom sometime this week?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

Chatroom sometime this week?

Post by philipgar »

I know there's been talk of this for a while, but no ones really done anything about it. What are people's thoughts on picking a night sometime possibly next week for a chat on the pages chatroom? I'm free most nights, although earlier in the week is better for me. I imagine we'd want to choose a time central to the US which probably wouldn't be ideal for people elsewhere, but we can see what we can do about accommodating people.

So that said, what times/days work for everyone, and is there interest in having one? I'd love to get a chance to talk to some of the people here, as there are many I don't know that well.

Phil

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Chatroom sometime this week?

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I've been meaning to post this since we got the forum and chat all updated. I'd really like to get to talk to many of the members here as well. Ever since the site started we really haven't had a "real" chat with a bunch of members like we used to on the old board, and I miss that. So maybe we can start doing a weekly chat, which would work out better than the system we got now. The reason why the official chat times ar scattered out on different days is so that all members would ble able to participate in a chat, in case they are busy on that particular day of the week all the time. Since hasn't worked out anyways, I think a weekly chat would do just fine.

I started a thread and poll under The Site and the Forum area of the forum and see what day would be the most beneficial for the members and see if we can make an official weekly chat. (I would have posted the poll in this thread but only the first post of the thread can do that, and I don't want to edit Phil's post without asking.)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

I personally was thinking of a one-time thing for now. It's a lot easier to organize it once than to try and do it weekly as everyones schedules change etc. Besides, I'm sure a lot of newcomers on here don't know much about them. In general they were always a lot of fun. if 10 people show up, it's doing really well, and it's just a chance to talk about your favorite band, discuss songs, or talk about other bands you're listening to or going to see in concert soon etc.

Plus it gives you a chance to get to know the group of folks that are soul asylum fans (hint: The liners notes from Clam Dip aren't are off). I figure a discussion of this here might be easier than a poll, but what times work best for people? If anyone has conflicts and would like to come, post them here, a poll on what day to have it isn't always as good as knowing what days not to have it. Also, having a first one is useful than you can know how much you care about making one. I can't say I'd be able to make a weekly one, but I've missed having them, they're a fun way to spend the evening.

Phil

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

I like the idea, but my availability is sketchy. I work nights and my days off rotate....some weeks I work 8 days in a row, other weeks, like this one, I end up with five nights OFF in a row. All I can really say is that whenever you pick, if I'm here I'll be there.

ok....that sounds slightly schizy even for me.

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

If I'm around, I'm game. Best for me is evenings M - Th generally.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Sounds like fun. I'd give it a try. Evenings are best for me.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I like this idea too; I always enjoyed going to the chatroom. Evenings would probably be best for me too.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Okay, so as there haven't been any complaints, how about Thursday night at ~8pm central, 9 eastern, and I'm not going to try calculating that time on the other side of the world, but you're all welcome to make it if you can. The chat will go on till whenever the last people sign out, should be a fun time.

Phil

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I might not be able to attend the chat (unless you're on for several hours and I log on in the morning in Sweden), but I've improved the appearance of the chat a little bit so you'll have an easier time chatting. Among other things, I've increased the size of the chat window and the input field for typing messages.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com