Runaway Train Video

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
ojsteelers169
Stranger

Runaway Train Video

Post by ojsteelers169 »

Everyone remembers the video for Runaway Train, the song had nothing to do with Runaway kids but the director smartly tied this idea into a #1 song and video. My question is.......were any of these kids featured in the video by their pictures and dates that they were missing from found? Do we have any number on that? I remember that Soul Asylum was applauded because they were trying to help find lost kids but were any of these kids actually located? I know, its a stupid topic but I am always curious every time I see the video......any ideas?

Rob Salamone :oops:

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I vaguely recall an article, maybe in People magazine or US magazine, about one of the missing girls being found.

My friend claims she saw a story on Unsolved Mysteries about the little baby pictured at the very end of the video.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I moved the topic, since it's more suited for General Discussion. The Website and Forum Feedback section is intended only for matters relating to the site and the forum itself, not to Soul Asylum in general.

As for the video, there's some info over at Pasadena Weekly's article Back on Track from July last year:

[quote="Pasadena Weekly"]Rather than focusing on the band performing the song, it was filled with stark, milk carton-style images of actual runaways above their names and the dates on which they were reported missing. The results seemed positive, as the band received an invitation to meet President Clinton at the White House after several of the video’s youths were reunited with their families.

[...]

“Some weren’t the best scenarios. I met a fireman on the East Coast whose daughter was in the end of the video, and he’d been in a bitter custody battle with his wife over her,â€Â

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:My friend claims she saw a story on Unsolved Mysteries about the little baby pictured at the very end of the video.
That seems to be true: http://www.computerfighter.com/tommy.htm