His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Re: You take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

Post by lune ellise »

I find short-haired Dave really cute. He doesn't look like an asylum inmate (I just realized my wordplay is a pun) for once.

I wouldn't trade his cuteness for that long hair we Soul Asylum fans loved and got used to, though. :mrgreen:
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Re: You take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Does he have short hair in these pictures? I didn't notice. Hmm. . . Must have been looking at something else. ;)
sheryl wrote:Still no boxers in sight but....really you won't care.
Nope. Don't miss them one bit. :D
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Re: His Holeyness

Post by sheryl »

What COULD you have been looking at? :shock:

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

sheryl wrote:What COULD you have been looking at? :shock:
I was looking right at inspiration to greater girlish glee.

All of these temptations keep me wanting...wanting...wanting... ;)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

dells wrote:Now that I can no longer do my own driving, The upcoming Dec 19th First Avenue show will be the first show post-stroke that I've even tried to get to. I've done all I can, but I'm starting to prepare myself for the letdown of failing to get to another Soul Asylum show.
Dells, please, you MUST get to this show.

First, you must do it for yourself. You need the fun, the inspiration, the morale-boost, the "fix" that only a live Soul Asylum show can provide. You owe it to yourself.

Second, you must do it for the fans. We need your show report so we can get a vicarious fix.

Third, you must do it for the silly girls of the asylum. The Sisterhood needs the reports of all of its far-flung members. We need to know just how few threads remain in those holey jeans. We need a full report on the all-important boxer sighting. ;)

If not you, then who? :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hi all, the pants-ban topic inspired me to bump this thread up some. it's been awhile! plus might as well get in some more dave discussion in case we're banned soon.

sooo new topic - what is everybody's favorite dave-hairstyle? and please forgive my poor guessing at the options - feel free to correct me!
-early years long kinda messy
-extra messy GDU days
??? ithink i'm missing a time period
- shortest hair days (faces and names time frame??? not sure)
-now

my vote is for now. i like it long-ish but not quite so... messy is the word i'll use.

i'm hoping he'll grow it out even a little more.

oh and .... i really think the longer hair is critical to the live shows because it makes the visual more 'dynamic' it is a part of the show really. (and therefore totally on topic, not offensive and just a discussion on the stage visualization at shows.)

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

zany wrote:sooo new topic - what is everybody's favorite dave-hairstyle? and please forgive my poor guessing at the options - feel free to correct me!
-early years long kinda messy
-extra messy GDU days
??? ithink i'm missing a time period
- shortest hair days (faces and names time frame??? not sure)
-now

my vote is for now. i like it long-ish but not quite so... messy is the word i'll use.

i'm hoping he'll grow it out even a little more.

oh and .... i really think the longer hair is critical to the live shows because it makes the visual more 'dynamic' it is a part of the show really. (and therefore totally on topic, not offensive and just a discussion on the stage visualization at shows.)
Could we make this an entire new topic? The time period you're missing is the Candy days when it was really long, to his shoulders. I liked that a lot. It's almost back there now.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Long enough to swirl around in circles.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

??? i AM missing this stage - anybody have a photo link?

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

ah yes. the long silky pretty days.

there must be pictures somewhere.