His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: His Holeyness

Post by Monolith Maniac »

sheryl wrote:ah yes. the long silky pretty days.

there must be pictures somewhere.
It isn't any pictures, but here's a video of Dave during the Candy era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3raDM-irEs
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I like the way it is now. Or, the way it was in July at least. I wouldn't know what it looks like now. I'm not a fan of the long, silky Candy from a Stranger days. His hair was a little too clean. Yeah, I don't know, I have pictures of the band from every era on my wall and my favorites are the more recent ones.

[Holy crap, it's late! Damn you internet and damn you Soul Asylum for being so awesome I need to talk about you]

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

oooh i have seen that video but i guess not enough other stuff from that era to think to add it to my category list.

now that i've been enlightened, i think that is 2nd place, i still put the current era hair as 1st place.
'current' is august for me.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Can "Say What You Will..." era be included in Dave's hairstyle collection?

This is a photo of the band in 1985: http://members.tripod.com/cagedrat/sa1985a.gif

I also encountered a photo of the band that was with Pat Morley. I couldn't find it again but I would certainly post it here if I can find it. It's a better picture of Dave's hair than the link above.
Monolith Maniac wrote:
sheryl wrote:ah yes. the long silky pretty days.

there must be pictures somewhere.
It isn't any pictures, but here's a video of Dave during the Candy era:
I found a photo!
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

lune ellise wrote:Can "Say What You Will..." era be included in Dave's hairstyle collection?

This is a photo of the band in 1985: http://members.tripod.com/cagedrat/sa1985a.gif

I also encountered a photo of the band that was with Pat Morley. I couldn't find it again but I would certainly post it here if I can find it. It's a better picture of Dave's hair than the link above.

I found a photo!
YES we can add as many categories as we like - seems like everybody would rather classify categories than chose a favorite.
the saywhatyouwill era photo while not very very clear... the hair looks great -almost like 1 or 2 yrs ago... ? or like what's in my profile pic?
oh and i had trouble with the link but if you copy and paste the address it works.

oooh and thanks for the candy photos , the close video was hard to tell cuz hair seemed i guess sweatyish and not a true snapshot of the era.. !

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

to actually answer the question, I dont really much care about his hair. I've only ever liked it in retrospect. In the 90's when it was...well...like it was...I thought it was disgusting. A decade later watching the mtv unplugged clip of Closer to the Stars I suddenly develop an extreme appreciation for it. Go figure.

When TSL came out I thought he looked like someone had crossed Kevin Bacon with Neil Young and wasn't particularly blown away. Ten years from now I'll review and see if I've changed my mind :)

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

K, ladies, here's the holey pants portion of the First Avenue show:

Dave actually has 2 pairs of holey pants! The pair pictured earlier in this thread has a huge hole over the entire top of Dave's left thigh, and the croch has severly worn patches, but still have 1 layer of the fabric preventing them from being true holes.

The jeans gracing Dave's bod tonight have both knees ripped open, a smallish worn patch on his left thigh, a larger worn pach on his right thigh, with a small part of it worn through completely. And the crotch has a true hole, rather than a worn patch. I didn't see any boxers peeking out anywhere.

Most of the time the crotch hole was visible, nothing was visible through it because the lighting just didn't cooperate BUT occasionaly as the magic hips shifted the jeans just right, I did get treated to seeing dave's inner upper thigh. "sigh..."

And on that note... I'm collapsing into bed.

dells

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

TWO pairs of holey jeans? :o :o :shock:

And STILL no boxers in sight.

Yet somehow we just don't mind...(sigh!) ;)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

In the videos from this holiday show, it looked like Dave has continued to grow his hair even longer. Is that correct?
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

dells wrote:K, ladies, here's the holey pants portion of the First Avenue show:

Dave actually has 2 pairs of holey pants! The pair pictured earlier in this thread has a huge hole over the entire top of Dave's left thigh, and the croch has severly worn patches, but still have 1 layer of the fabric preventing them from being true holes.

The jeans gracing Dave's bod tonight have both knees ripped open, a smallish worn patch on his left thigh, a larger worn pach on his right thigh, with a small part of it worn through completely. And the crotch has a true hole, rather than a worn patch. I didn't see any boxers peeking out anywhere.

Most of the time the crotch hole was visible, nothing was visible through it because the lighting just didn't cooperate BUT occasionaly as the magic hips shifted the jeans just right, I did get treated to seeing dave's inner upper thigh. "sigh..."

And on that note... I'm collapsing into bed.

dells

How was the show other than his pants? ;)
They weren't THAT distracting were they?? :lol: