His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Re: His Holeyness

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

dells wrote:I can't believe my usually filthy mind actually did miss your intended interpretation! I guess I've been trying extra hard lately to keep it under control enough to not go overboard in my Dave lusting.

dells
Me, either. :lol:

Dawn Powell wrote: "A capacity for going overboard is a requisite for a full-grown mind."
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:little too clean put up more videos - this one has more Dan face-time than most - promises broken on Letterman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXLzt8Jb ... annel_page
Look closely at the 1:07 mark for "elf nose." :)

Dave's hair is so clean. It's cute.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

who had elf nose? ;)

i'm not watching anymore soul asylum videos ever. EVER.

I'm saying this in front of witnesses so that if i'm ever caught watching one i can be reminded that i swore never and be smacked down.

This means i'll be annoying people who have watched them to tell me what they saw :)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

HAS an elf nose -- and, if photos can be trusted, has passed it down.

This video merely illustrates what I meant by "elf nose."

(proof that I actually looked up at least once! :P )

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

This is another one of LittleTooClean's youtube videos that some of the Sisters have been passing around behind the scenes. One of them suggested I post the link here for convenient viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve4hwVMF ... annel_page

As Jim would say ( :P ), check out the face Dave makes at the 1:00 mark and the terrific hair-swirling at the 1:55 mark and the face again from 2:30-2:35.

Jeez, someone hauled me up onto the sidewalk. The view is really strange from up here. All I can see is faces. :?

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Jeez, someone hauled me up onto the sidewalk. The view is really strange from up here. All I can see is faces. :?
Nothing wrong with watching Dave's faces. Your mind can still reside in the gutter while enjoying the imp's expressions.

dells

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

dells wrote:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Jeez, someone hauled me up onto the sidewalk. The view is really strange from up here. All I can see is faces. :?
Nothing wrong with watching Dave's faces. Your mind can still reside in the gutter while enjoying the imp's expressions.

dells
Nothing wrong at all, dells. I actually watch Dave's face a lot. How else would I have noticed that he has an elf nose? :)

As for where my mind resides . . . ;)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

oooh thanks for pointing out the time marks in the video! i'm way more into scoping out fun facial expressions than denim holes. not that you gals haven't sorta gotten me intrigued by those too. !

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:This is another one of LittleTooClean's youtube videos that some of the Sisters have been passing around behind the scenes. One of them suggested I post the link here for convenient viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve4hwVMF ... annel_page

As Jim would say ( :P ), check out the face Dave makes at the 1:00 mark and the terrific hair-swirling at the 1:55 mark and the face again from 2:30-2:35.

Jeez, someone hauled me up onto the sidewalk. The view is really strange from up here. All I can see is faces. :?
OH MY I LOVE THIS VIDEO! They are playing one of my favorites, and, forgive me for digressing, but Dan looks SO CUTE! :oops: :oops: :oops:

And for the first time, I was looking at Dave - the hair twirling was rad - can't believe I never saw that after viewing the video 20 times already...
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

I'll make up for it now by taking your hand and jumping blissfully into the gutter with a resounding SPLASH! again...

(the timid have thus been warned)

Speaking of the face at the 1:00 mark, how can you possibly think that expression resides at the sidewalk level? I think it's pretty obvious what Dave's thinking when he's got that sly look on his face while sticking his tongue out. I know what "I'm" thinking about that tongue, anyway. :D I told ya I'm in the gutter.

dells