His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Re: His Holeyness

Post by dells »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Here's another one of LittleTooClean's new clips that I couldn't resist moving here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzmhSnbW ... re=channel

Dave is so gloriously bedraggled and yet mm, mm, MMM.

HOW did he DO that? 8-)
well, watching his shirt literally disintegrate between watching both clips from the '93 Spring Break didn't hurt one bit... (just take it off, Dave, you'll be even cooler ;) )

I didn't feel it was proper to lust over Dave in Dan's thread, so I must pull a quote from that thread over here to "get my girl on"
CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Check out Dan as the Sharp-Dressed Man in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfEzvmQi ... annel_page

Don't Karl and Dave look like they're dressed for prom?
I totally love the way Dave looks in that red plaid blazer! Somehow his bedhead hair and overall IT factor just work with that blazer to be uber sexy. Those magic grinding hips didn't hurt either. :)

Man, I'm really in the gutter tonight. Good thing my bear pepper spray is handy!
dells

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

watching him rip his shirt to shreds at spring break scared the bejesus outta me at the time :)

i thought he looked like a crazed madman. when i watch those clips i still do, actually....

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

I've got your back, dells. Don't worry about those grizzlies. If they wander out of the forest and into the gutter, we'll face them down together. :)
dells wrote:Speaking of his guitar, since I'm safely in His Holeyness... I'm gonna throw caution to the wind, jump blissfully into the gutter with a resounding splash and ask the sisterhood: Don't you wish you were that guiter sometimes? ;) It's sad to be envious of an inanimate object, LOL, but I admit that I am quite often.
I'm sure I have no idea what you are talking about here, dells.

Sure, I forwarded to another Sister that clip of "I Put A Spell on You" just because of the "intimate" guitar moments at the beginning of the song, but that doesn't mean... ;)

dells wrote:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Dave is so gloriously bedraggled and yet mm, mm, MMM.

HOW did he DO that? 8-)
well, watching his shirt literally disintegrate between watching both clips from the '93 Spring Break didn't hurt one bit... (just take it off, Dave, you'll be even cooler ;) )
Let's make it easier to watch that T-shirt disintegrate during the '93 MTV Spring Break show:

Black Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fFZ-uIt ... re=channel

Somebody to Shove
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzmhSnbW ... re=channel

April Fool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODD17L2uteg

Not sure if that's the right order on the last two, but, to my eyes, Dave looks more bedraggled in the April Fool clip than in the Shove clip.
sheryl wrote:watching him rip his shirt to shreds at spring break scared the bejesus outta me at the time :)

i thought he looked like a crazed madman. when i watch those clips i still do, actually....
Yes, he does. That's part of his appeal. When he acts like a crazed madman, he gives us permission to act like maenads.
dells wrote:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote: Don't Karl and Dave look like they're dressed for prom?
I totally love the way Dave looks in that red plaid blazer! Somehow his bedhead hair and overall IT factor just work with that blazer to be uber sexy. Those magic grinding hips didn't hurt either. :)

Man, I'm really in the gutter tonight. Good thing my bear pepper spray is handy!
dells
Oh, I love the way Dave looks here, too. That wild hair with the formal dress, including proper trousers and dress shoes, is an incredibly sexy combination. That crisp tuxedo shirt open at the throat with the tie hanging loose is very provocative. Mmm.... IT factor, indeed!
Last edited by CrazyLittleWoman on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

dells wrote:Speaking of his guitar, since I'm safely in His Holeyness... I'm gonna throw caution to the wind, jump blissfully into the gutter with a resounding splash and ask the sisterhood: Don't you wish you were that guiter sometimes? ;) It's sad to be envious of an inanimate object, LOL, but I admit that I am quite often.
seriously what's with it falling sooo low on him?? it's like extra... 'it' i guess we're calling it now? ;) so does he have a superextralong guitar strap? and why.... ? just to drive us crazy? hmmm.

dells
Social Butterfly

Post by dells »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
Yaz McBoo wrote:I can upload an enlargement of Dave's crotch if that's what you need.. I mean... um. damn, nevermind....

-Rob
:o

Gee, Rob, I'm not sure it requires an enlargement...

[CLW stares intently at the sky and whistles]

That sure looks like a subtle "yes, please" from Laura, to me. ;)

"requires" may not apply, but "would be appreciated by the gutter-dwelling sisterhood" sure does :D

dells

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

I'm going to climb right back up out of the gutter because one of you said 'guitar'.

I'm absolutely obnoxiously insanely in love with that big black Gibson acoustic he plays.

It's absolutely amazing.

I'm going to leave now so y'all can get back to business ;)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

dells wrote:
CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
Yaz McBoo wrote:I can upload an enlargement of Dave's crotch if that's what you need.. I mean... um. damn, nevermind....

-Rob
:o

Gee, Rob, I'm not sure it requires an enlargement...

[CLW stares intently at the sky and whistles]

That sure looks like a subtle "yes, please" from Laura, to me. ;)

"requires" may not apply, but "would be appreciated by the gutter-dwelling sisterhood" sure does :D

dells
Um...dells, that's not exactly what I meant.

The comment was just silly riffing on Rob's exact words: "I can upload an enlargement of Dave's crotch..." ;)

But, sure, photos are always appreciated.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

1986 Minnesota Music Awards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx26NGh- ... re=related
(video some of us were disucssing at a recent chat)...

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Ahhh there is that sexy, crazy Dave I have become to know and love in this video!! Too bad he out grew that stage of ripping off his shirt...(sighs)

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

dells
Social Butterfly

Post by dells »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Um...dells, that's not exactly what I meant.

The comment was just silly riffing on Rob's exact words: "I can upload an enlargement of Dave's crotch..." ;)

But, sure, photos are always appreciated.
I can't believe my usually filthy mind actually did miss your intended interpretation! I guess I've been trying extra hard lately to keep it under control enough to not go overboard in my Dave lusting.

dells