His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Re: His Holeyness

Post by Judgmental Patient »

sheryl wrote:speaking of which, his hair's on it's way to long again....
I thought it looked that way. That's kinda awesome.

And for those of you who didn't realize Dave was the shit at first glance, well, I've wanted to be him since I was 7.
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Twiddly Dee wrote:I have pretty much been under Dave's spell since the 1st time I laid eyes on him in Runaway Train back in 1992, and then my husband introduced me to the rest of there music and I have been in love ever since! But I've always had a thing for guys who had that grunge look going on like Dave did back then, him and Kurt Cobain...yummy.. And there is just something about a guy who has long hair!
I've always loved long hair, and was caught under the spell of Soul Asylum in general around the same time you did, but Dave's looks didn't hurt, that's for sure!

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

lune ellise wrote:
GraveDancer wrote: Image
This photo is quite, ahm.... suggestive... SORRY SORRY :oops: :oops: :oops:
No, it does look kind of romantic. They look like they're about to start making out at any minute. :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

They do, don't they. That would be fine. Can we get that on video? :o

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

sheryl wrote:They do, don't they. That would be fine. Can we get that on video? :o
I 2nd that motion! But I'm sure that we will have to stick with our fantasies on this one, because neither one of them will be up for that. And if Im going to have to fantasize about it, Dave and Dan surely won't be making out with each other! :mrgreen:
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Post by Dave4Prez »

I cannot believe I JUST found this site!! I have been a SA fan FOREVER and have been in love with Dave ever since too. I met him at a show in Tucson, AZ in October 2006. It was amazing. He was every bit of the gentleman I expected him to be, in all his holey glory.

You're gonna see me all over the place on this site. I am one with you all;)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

TheJudge wrote:And for those of you who didn't realize Dave was the shit at first glance, well, I've wanted to be him since I was 7.
Mea culpa! In my defense, I realized Dave was the shit as a songwriter, vocalist, and musician before I even made it halfway through my first listen to LYDLS (my first SA CD). I was just oblivious to his physical charms for many years.

What I lacked then in perspicacity, I now make up for in obsessive attention to detail! ;)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Twiddly Dee wrote:
sheryl wrote:They do, don't they. That would be fine. Can we get that on video? :o
I 2nd that motion! But I'm sure that we will have to stick with our fantasies on this one, because neither one of them will be up for that. And if Im going to have to fantasize about it, Dave and Dan surely won't be making out with each other! :mrgreen:
No kidding! There's something else I really, really want to add here, but I'll leave it to your capable imaginations. ;)

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Post by Dave4Prez »

I hate it. Whenever I think I'm going to have sex with him in a dream, we always end up at a coffee shop talking about life! I guess it is better than not having him in my dreams at all.

And I agree. How is it that he's so disheveled but so damn sexy? Is it his voice, his hair, his jeans, his......the list goes on.

Ga Ga Goo Goo - I'm pathetic!

:)

benzo
Lone Rider

Post by benzo »

Am I the only guy on this site or what? haha. Anyways, if I can butt in here, while I may not feel *exactly* the same as you all, I do get a bit of Dave swooniness. I saw a show a few years back at ribfest in Minneapolis, and Dave was doing that thing were he hangs out at the side of that stage before the show. It had just rained a bit ago, so I was nervous the show would be cancelled. So I went up and asked him if they were going to play. Then I, well, basically, I gushed over him for a while. But the most embarrassing part, and the part I still tell people about to this day, was that I asked him for a high five before I left. <groan> I felt like a complete tool after I left :). In my defense, that Seinfeld episode were Puddy keeps asking for high fives had just aired, so my friends in I were in our "high five" stage.

On another note, and this may have been discussed already (i'm new), I was in Seattle at the EMP, and they had a Minnesota music display. They had a little bit about SA, and Dave had a quote that basically said he decided to be a rock star because it wasn't hard...you just had to know a few chords and shake your hips...apparently he was oversimplifing...you also need the right jeans :D. (at the EMP, they also had a note from Tommy's mom giving him permission to play at 1st Ave when he was underage and playing with the replacements.pretty cool/funny)