His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Re: His Holeyness

Post by Twiddly Dee »

benzo wrote:Am I the only guy on this site or what? haha. Anyways, if I can butt in here, while I may not feel *exactly* the same as you all, I do get a bit of Dave swooniness.
No you aren't the only guy on here..but maybe the only one that has come up to say that you gush over Dave. I do know that you aren't the only guy he has the effect on either! Last month at Ribfest here in Kansas City, MO he had the effect on my husband! Dave came out for autographs and to chat and my husband was totally star struck being so close to him. He was all upset with himself after we got home, just because there was things he wanted to ask him and he couldn't even say more than a few words to him. And he complais about ME being all googly eyed over him! :mrgreen: I just think its hilarious!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Twiddly Dee wrote:
benzo wrote:Am I the only guy on this site or what? haha. Anyways, if I can butt in here, while I may not feel *exactly* the same as you all, I do get a bit of Dave swooniness.
No you aren't the only guy on here..but maybe the only one that has come up to say that you gush over Dave. I do know that you aren't the only guy he has the effect on either! Last month at Ribfest here in Kansas City, MO he had the effect on my husband! Dave came out for autographs and to chat and my husband was totally star struck being so close to him. He was all upset with himself after we got home, just because there was things he wanted to ask him and he couldn't even say more than a few words to him. And he complais about ME being all googly eyed over him! :mrgreen: I just think its hilarious!
I think enough guys have just stopped reading this thread. . . I've been tempted.

Phil

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

philipgar wrote:
Twiddly Dee wrote:
I think enough guys have just stopped reading this thread. . . I've been tempted.

Phil

I guess next time we should put a warning label on the Thread...."Warning Men read at your own Risk"
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Dave4Prez wrote:I hate it. Whenever I think I'm going to have sex with him in a dream, we always end up at a coffee shop talking about life! I guess it is better than not having him in my dreams at all.

And I agree. How is it that he's so disheveled but so damn sexy? Is it his voice, his hair, his jeans, his......the list goes on.

Ga Ga Goo Goo - I'm pathetic!

:)
No more pathetic than the rest of us. Check out the thread on favorite Soul Asylum videos for the discussion (mostly) between Sheryl and me about the Somebody to Shove video for some major lusting about Dave. :)

I think with Dave's appeal, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. But the parts ain't bad, either. For me, I'd say (in order of importance) it's his lyrics-writing brain first and foremost, then his voice, his warped sense of humor, the way he moves, his hips, his hair, his boyish charisma, his jeans, his . . ., and he has a cute smile. ;)

Oh, and I just saw a video of him singing with his son. He is very sweet and loving with his son. That just adds a whole new layer of sexiness.

Any one element is good, but the whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

philipgar wrote:I think enough guys have just stopped reading this thread.
Well, it is entitled "His Holeyness," guys. ;)

I started this thread as a joke. It was my way of apologizing for intitiating and egging on the discussion of Dave's holey jeans and underwear in the show reports.

Then, once it took on a life of its own, I thought maybe it was good to have a specific place for Dave-gushing, that way anyone who finds it tiresome can just avoid reading this thread. And the people who find it fun or amusing (or just can't stop themselves) can do so in a safe space. And stop potentially annoying people in the other threads. :)

benzo: I'm sure you're not the only guy who is a little star-struck by Dave's charisma. You're just brave enough to admit it. Welcome. :)

By the way, did he high-five you?
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Ha! Phil sounds like he's viewing it in that car crash light. It's really disturbing but he just can't look away ;)

We SHOULD flag it...silly girl thread.

I think it's funny that I get into these conversations because other than when I'm talking to other SA fans I don't really think about Dave. However, when I am talking to them it all comes back to me :)

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

I was gonna post a few days ago that this post should be marked

*for the ladies*
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

benzo
Lone Rider

Post by benzo »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:[quote="

benzo: I'm sure you're not the only guy who is a little star-struck by Dave's charisma. You're just brave enough to admit it. Welcome. :)

By the way, did he high-five you?
Honestly, I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure he did...what a class act

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Okay, so should I go back and edit in a warning label at the beginning of my original post? Something along the lines of "What you are about to read is a tongue-in-cheek apology followed by pages and pages of giggly-girl (and a few giggly-boy) comments about Dave Pirner's holey jeans, the contents therein, and his other various charms. Proceed at own risk."? ;)

I will if you all think I should.

It truly was not my intention to annoy or offend anyone, male or female. It was meant to be fun and entertaining.

(Honestly, though, I really did believe the title itself would be enough of a tip-off as to the contents.)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

sheryl wrote:Ha! Phil sounds like he's viewing it in that car crash light. It's really disturbing but he just can't look away ;)

We SHOULD flag it...silly girl thread.

I think it's funny that I get into these conversations because other than when I'm talking to other SA fans I don't really think about Dave. However, when I am talking to them it all comes back to me :)
This may be hard to believe, but it's the same for me.

Last fall when I was watching the videos a lot (because I'd just discovered them), I was, I admit, a little consumed. But that faded after a while and I concentrated more on the songs themselves.

Then Soul Asylum played the KC Ribfest show in June and then at Lake of the Ozarks just two weeks ago. Seeing Dave live just a few feet away brought it all back with even greater intensity. :)