His Holeyness

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

His Holeyness

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

David Pirner is a talented vocalist and musician, an amazing performer, and a songwriting genius.

It is disgraceful the way our discussions have reduced him to wicked hips in nearly-crotchless jeans.

It is just wrong, wrong, wrong of us to objectify the poor man this way. (Lots of fun, but so wrong. ;))

I take full responsibility for lowering the tone of our recent discussions. The downward trajectory all started with my report of the repeated near-flashings at the KC Ribfest show and discussion of the Bittersweetheart hip-wiggling extravaganza.

Judging from the July 18 show reports, I've dragged many of the rest of you right down into the gutter with me. :) It seems like all we do lately is talk about the state of Dave's pants and speculate about his underwear.

I'm clearly a bad, bad influence on you guys.

I should be completely ashamed of myself. And I would be, too,

EXCEPT

Dave's big display at Aquapalooza makes it clear that he knows all about our obsession with his jeans and what he wears under them and he seems to be amused by it.

I was going to promise to tone it down in future out of respect for the more mature sensibilities on the board, but if Dave's having fun with it, why shouldn't I? :D
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Re: His Holeyness

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Cuz your draggin' me down, draggin' me down, draggin' me down
It's only holes, it's only flashes, it's only jeans, only fun ! ! !

And just because you said it first doesn't mean that we all weren't thinking exactly the same thing, maybe just didn't have the nerve to bring it up first!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Yeah, I was at the Pittsburgh show, and at one point he kneeled down with his knees spread way apart, and I took a split-second glance at his crotch and I thought "Ew, no, I respect him way too much to stare at that!" and then I looked over at Dan Murphy until he got up again.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Hahah!

Check your messages!

You've only said and laughed at what everyone else has thought and laughed about. ;)

It's all good.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Thanks for the reassurance, ladies. I feel much better -- and emboldened to carry on in my giggly-girl ways. :P

Sheryl: Thanks for the message. I sent you a reply, I think. It's the first time I've replied to a PM, so I hope I got it right.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

AlyssaJones wrote:Yeah, I was at the Pittsburgh show, and at one point he kneeled down with his knees spread way apart, and I took a split-second glance at his crotch and I thought "Ew, no, I respect him way too much to stare at that!" and then I looked over at Dan Murphy until he got up again.
I had a similar reaction at the KC show. When I realized he was flashing me, I wanted to gawk, but it just seemed so . . . disrespectful, so I blushed and made myself look away. Then later I kicked myself for not getting a better look. ;) And if I'd been two people further over, I would have seen it all.

And now that I know that EVERYONE ELSE has seen it all, I'm doubly mad at myself. And really demoralized to be the only woman to get Dave to cover up. (insert pouty face here.)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:Thanks for the reassurance, ladies. I feel much better -- and emboldened to carry on in my giggly-girl ways. :P

Sheryl: Thanks for the message. I sent you a reply, I think. It's the first time I've replied to a PM, so I hope I got it right.

You did. I answered it.

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

You've got to admit, Dave does encourage this behavior. And probably gets a kick out of it himself. :lol:

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

As long as we're all being all girly about Dave, I 've got something I've wanted to gush about for the longest time -- and trust me, it's all about holeyness.

One of my favorite clips to watch is the footage of the 1993 MTV Spring Break performance of April Fool. I mean, it's genius. Dave does a perfect send-up of a cock-rock star and at the same time, he is just such a fucking rock star himself in this performance.

And how can a man possibly look so ratty and yet be so down-and-dirty sexy as hell at the same time? (predatory purring sound)

I mean, I think a sum total of three threads are just barely holding his clothes on.

Yummy! :)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:As long as we're all being all girly about Dave, I 've got something I've wanted to gush about for the longest time -- and trust me, it's all about holeyness.

One of my favorite clips to watch is the footage of the 1993 MTV Spring Break performance of April Fool. I mean, it's genius. Dave does a perfect send-up of a cock-rock star and at the same time, he is just such a fucking rock star himself in this performance.

And how can a man possibly look so ratty and yet be so down-and-dirty sexy as hell at the same time? (predatory purring sound)

I mean, I think a sum total of three threads are just barely holding his clothes on.

Yummy! :)

That particular Spring Break concert is the one that sent me screaming for the hills. Somewhere, I know, there is footage of a crazed girl climbing OVER PEOPLES HEADS to get out of the front row and away from the crazy twitchy scary frontman.
Of course NOW I watch footage from that show and think "Wow. That was hot. Girl, what kinda shit were you smokin'?" which of course was the problem after all. Probably the same shit the crazy twitchy scary frontman was!

But you're absolutley right. He somehow manages to be completely tatty and unbelievably sexy all at the same time and I have no idea how he did it.