fiercely seeking Freak Accident

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
mumph
Marionette

fiercely seeking Freak Accident

Post by mumph »

Hi.

I saw Soul Asylum my first time at the Basilica Block Party in Mpls about 10 years ago. They played Freak Accident. The song blew me away.

I found the lyrics here the other day:
http://lyricwiki.org/Soul_Asylum:Freak_Accident
and then discovered them here, as well.

I have to hear Freak Accident again. It's been too long.

I've searched several torrent sites and none of the live shows up right now have this track.

If anyone can help a brother out, IM me or email neon DOT noodle AT gmail DOT com.

Thanks to those who keep this site here.
-mum

ps- the more I read here, the more I want to hear Directions, Showtime, and any demos from TSL (incl Be On My Side)

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Re: fiercely seeking Freak Accident

Post by lune ellise »

Include me here... ;)
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

You can hear Be On My Side on their official myspace page, although the intro comes off as a little abrupt to me. To anyone who has the song and/or has heard it before, is the intro supposed to be that abrupt or is something missing?

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Did someone send you Freak Accident already? If not I'll send it to your account. And I just checked, you can find the songs Directions and Showtime still at the O' Jeez It's Soul Asylum site under "files":

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/oj ... oulasylum/

mumph
Marionette

Post by mumph »

No Freak Accident yet. Any version, or more than one, would be great.

I joined the group you mentioned ahd grabbed those tracks. I've got new SA to listen to, so I'm happy.

Thanks again for the link. :mrgreen:

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

mumph wrote:No Freak Accident yet.
Check your inbox.

I also sent Lune a copy (as well as the Directions demo).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Monolith Maniac wrote:I also sent Lune a copy (as well as the Directions demo).
I received it, Jim. Thank you SO MUCH! :D
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

coblesan
Marionette

Post by coblesan »

Jim,

If it would not be too much trouble, could you please send me Freak Accident also.

Thanks,

Mike

mumph
Marionette

Post by mumph »

Also please refrain from creating posts/topics which "request" for song file(s) that have been unreleased (i.e. outtakes, live shows, bootlegs) as we are not set up as a trading community.
:shock: Eep. Sorry. I'm not gonna hit-n-run this site. But I've had very similar experiences finding tracks in forums for Jay Farrar, Weezer, Kool Keith, Mike Doughty, Old 97s and Tori Amos.

What Soul Asylum-specific trading community would you suggest? I can't find many of their shows on dime. A few more on traders den. I'll be checking the rest of my torrent sites soon.

I'll be posting an offer to trade here soon with a list of what I've got from the usual suspects (Golden Smog, Jayhawks, Wilco, Son Volt, Uncle Tupelo, Soul Coughing, Ani DiFranco, Ween) for whatever Soul Asylum can he had.

My holy grail, it would seem, is that Soul Asylum at the Basilica (98 or 99?) show.

Thanks again for the help, everyone.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

mumph wrote:What Soul Asylum-specific trading community would you suggest? I can't find many of their shows on dime. A few more on traders den. I'll be checking the rest of my torrent sites soon.
As of now those places seem to be your best options. As mentioned, one of the reasons we don't encourage posting/requesting for songs is because we're not set up as a trading community. I hope sometime we can be a way to get more of these files to be shared with other fans. I have given away Freak Accident 5 times this week and sending them over email individually is definitely not the greatest setup (though I definitely don't mind giving out songs to fans). I just hope we can have some nice setup in the future to share these great songs with. Until then, Homesick and I would appreciate if you could keep the posts "specifically" requesting for songs to a minimal, as we don't want to have the forum overloaded with posts that may soon have people requesting songs that have already been commercially released (then you realize they're really taking advantage of Soul Asylum and the site).
coblesan wrote:Jim,

If it would not be too much trouble, could you please send me Freak Accident also.

Thanks,

Mike
Sure, its on its way.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com