General Discussion Posts Removed

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

General Discussion Posts Removed

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Update: All is back to normal as far as recovering the "old" posts. Unfortunately ones from the past year have been permanently deleted. Most of these contained topics about Change of Fortune and links to interviews. Thankfully the General Discussion forum was only affected, I think more of the important topics were under "On the Road" section with show reviews and setlists.

Again, I'm very sorry for the removal of the posts and hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. :)

I had wanted to finally catch up and take drastic measures on getting this spam under control and in the process I seemed to have made matters worse. :?

In the process of deleting the spam, I accidentally hit one extra button and almost all the posts from the General Discussion forum got removed in the process. I feel bad as hell; years of posts. It seems that only the polls have remained, but hopefully I'll be able to retain some from the last backup from the site. That hasn't been done for almost a year... so its possible almost a year of posts won't be recovered. :cry: :evil: :oops:

Thankfully the forum hasn't seen much activity within the past year, most of which has been build up and reviews to Change of Fortune so not as much would go missing as previous years.

Again you don't know how I'm truly sorry I am. Just when I wanted to start getting my shit back together with the site I make it worse. I'll do my best to get it back as soon as I can. :oops:
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Re: General Discussion Posts Removed - Recovery to be done

Post by OneLovedBand »

It's OK. Things like this happen with computers. Thanks for taking care of the board!

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: General Discussion Posts Removed

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Sorry for the glitch but thanks for all you do to keep this site active. Yeah, there wasn't much general chatter this year, so no big loss. That most interesting things were that one guy's nonsensical posts... Glad that On the Road is preserved, that's the main thing.